Job title: AC Power Customer Engineer – Manhattan
Job description: Job Description:
A Customer Engineer is responsible for the installation, preventive maintenance, scheduled and emergency services on UPS equipment serviced by Vertiv. The Customer Engineer Technician is required to establish, promote and maintain excellent rapport with all customers, co-workers, sales representatives and others as appropriate. A company vehicle, laptop, smartphone, and tools will be provided. Benefits provided include: health insurance, prescription plans, dental, vacation, paid holidays and 401K. We provide an elaborate training program for new hires which requires travel to Columbus, Ohio as needed.
- Associates degree in Electronics or military electronics training preferred
- 4+ years of hands on electronic experience
- Familiarity with electrical/electronic test equipment and fundamentals
- Ability to read and interpret electrical line diagrams and blueprints
- Working knowledge of OHM’s law and electronic theory
- Ability to evaluate the operating conditions of equipment
- Standard computer skills including MS Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Mechanical aptitude
- Clear, concise, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interact comfortably with all levels of internal and external customers
- Must have the ability and self-motivation to manage one’s own schedule
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Render technical on-site and phone assistance to customers
- Perform general and preventive maintenance on UPS systems
- Respond to emergency calls at customers request
- Strive to provide all customers a ‘first time fix’ for their equipment
- Provide accurate and timely communication to internal and external customers
- Keep current on Safety Field Change Notices and Service Tips
- Provide accurate and timely reporting of time cards, expense reports, etc.
While performing duties of the above jobs, the associate is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, tools or other components; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk, hear and smell. The associate frequently is required to sit and climb or balance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Must have ability to regularly lift at least 50 pounds. Valid driver’s license is required.
The successful candidate will embrace Vertiv’s Core Principals & Behaviors to help execute our Strategic Priorities.
OUR CORE PRINCIPALS: Safety. Integrity. Respect. Teamwork. Diversity & Inclusion.
OUR STRATEGIC PRIORITIES
- Customer Focus
- Operational Excellence
- High-Performance Culture
- Financial Strength
- Own It
- Act With Urgency
- Foster a Customer-First Mindset
- Think Big and Execute
- Lead by Example
- Drive Continuous Improvement
- Learn and Seek Out Development
At Vertiv, we offer the stability of a global leader in a growing industry and the opportunity of a startup. We design, manufacture and service the mission-critical infrastructure technologies for vital applications in data centers, communication networks and commercial and industrial environments. With $5.0 billion in revenue, a strong customer base and global reach in nearly 70 countries, our move to establish a standalone business enables us to deliver greater value to our customers and create new opportunities for our people.
Vertiv is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We promote equal opportunities for all with respect to hiring, terms of employment, mobility, training, compensation, and occupational health, without discrimination as to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy status (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression (including transgender status or sexual stereotypes), genetic information, citizenship status, national origin, protected veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
No calls or agencies please. Vertiv will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
The anticipated salary range for this role in the New York locality is between $62k to $70k per year. Salary ranges for other geographic localities may vary. The role is eligible to participate in a comprehensive and competitive benefits program, including medical, dental, vision, disability, PTO, and 401k.
Expected salary: $62000 – 70000 per year
Location: Manhattan, NY
Job date: Sat, 18 Nov 2023 08:28:59 GMT
To apply for this job please visit jobviewtrack.com.