Job title: Ad Sales Research & Strategy Internships – Summer 2024
Job description: Company Description
See yourself at NBCU! Be a part of our intern community, a diverse group of curious and passionate trailblazers who we believe are the future of our industry.
The NBCUniversal Internship Program allows students to unlock their potential by contributing to big projects in meaningful ways that matter. To thrive as an NBCU intern, you are ready to bring your passion for media, entertainment, and technology along with your desire to learn each day.
Your professional development is important to us. NBCU interns receive career prep, leadership exposure, connection to other interns, networking, and of course, all the fun you can imagine along the way.
In addition to all of our internships being paid, we will also offer the following for our Summer 2024 interns:
- Paid company holidays for full-time interns.
- Robust networking, learning and development opportunities.
- Financial assistance to offset expenses for transportation and housing may be available on a needs-based basis for eligible in-person interns. More details about eligibility for this assistance will be provided at the time of offer.
Summer 2024 Recruitment Timeline:
- November 13 – December 8: Applications Open (may close early due to applicant volume)
- Mid November – Late December: First round video interviews
- Mid – Late January: Second round interviews
- Late January – February: Selected candidates receive offers
Summer 2024 Internship Program:
- Applications Close: December 8th at 11:59pm ET. Pro Tip: Submit your application as soon as possible – applications could close earlier due to applicant volume!
- Program Dates: June 3 – August 9, 2024
- Time Commitment: 40 hours per week. Exact schedule to be determined based on business need.
- Format: Opportunities listed will require an intern to work from New York, NY 3-5 days per week.
- Submit a one-page resume that outlines your work experience, accomplishments, and your graduation month and year.
- Submit a cover letter that highlights your passion for NBCUniversal, the locations (listed below) you are open to for internships, and your top areas of interest (opportunities listed below).
- Upload a transcript (unofficial transcripts are fine) that confirms your status as an actively enrolled student in a degree-granting program.
Advertising Sales has been united as one seamless portfolio with a powerful ability to amplify an advertiser’s message and reach the right consumer in precise, targeted ways. With two broadcast networks (English and Spanish language), 15 cable properties and more than 50 digital properties, advertisers can build ideas around their brands that leverage our unparalleled range and diversity of networks, channels and digital platforms.
Areas of placement may include, but are not limited to:
- Ad Sales Strategy – Innovation Team: Oversees the strategy, development and growth of our ad innovation products across NBCU. This work offers cross functional exposure as our team collaborates with everyone including day-to-day work with sales, marketing, product, AP, CP, streaming and data products, commerce, and more. The intern will be helping us manage everything from the creation of GTM materials, answering client RFPs and helping steward our larger strategies forward.
- Advanced Ad Products & Strategy: This team builds audience segments for ad targeted campaigns and support advanced audience products. Projects include using data to build and organize audiences, maintaining audiences, and creating reports for various stakeholders.
- Client Strategy: The intern will work on projects that vary from identifying prospective clients, measuring advertising performances in specific industries or across different types of companies, examining overtime spending trends on various platforms, predicting future ad spend among industries building new projects to analyze ad markets more.
- Insights & Research – NBC Olympics: This team will be in the driver’s seat of the biggest tentpole narrative we have on our screens next year – the Paris 2024 Olympic & Paralympic Games. Our team’s responsibility is telling rich stories for our advertisers & sponsors through data – how did the Games perform each day, how do the Olympics drive impact for advertisers, and how can we best position the Games for success leading into Milan in 2026 and LA in 2028? Our summer intern will help support all of our key ad sales research paths surrounding the Paris 2024 Games.
- Insights & Research – Primary Research: This team serves as the wellspring of consumer intelligence for the Ad Sales department. This role primarily involves delving into research activities aimed at unearthing valuable insights – effectively revealing the narratives concealed within the data – all in direct support of the advertising sales division.
- Measurement & Impact: This team develops and operationalizes holistic measurement strategies to leverage measurement products for business growth. We also elevate NBCU’s leadership position in the marketplace and implement a streamlined, efficient, and eventually automated mechanism to work with partner and stakeholder teams. This intern will have the opportunity to work across a number of internal stakeholders teams and get a wide lens of the ad sales measurement business.
- Programmatic Strategy & Partnerships: This organization oversees the data-enabled, automated lines of businesses that future-proof NBCUniversal’s Ad Sales organization and fuel growth in digital and streaming. The Programmatic team is seeking additional support from an intern to help build NBCU’s retail media partnership approach and growth strategy.
- Must be actively enrolled in a degree-granting program at an accredited institution during the entire duration of the program.
- Current class standing of sophomore or above (30 credits).
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship by NBCUniversal.
- Must be willing to work in New York, NY
- Students with class standing of junior or above preferred.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above.
- Strong analytical and data analysis skills.
- Proficient and strong Excel skills.
- Strong PowerPoint skills, with the ability to communicate research in a clear manner
- Proficiency with programming languages and data visualization platforms (SQL, Python, R, SPSS).
- Interest in consumer insights and market research
- Majoring in any Business, Economics, Analytics, or Statistics or related Degree
The hourly rate for student interns is $17.00
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
Expected salary: $17 per hour
Location: New York City, NY
Job date: Mon, 20 Nov 2023 03:04:37 GMT
To apply for this job please visit jobviewtrack.com.