Marshall & Sons Fuel Oil Inc
Job title: Administrative Assistant
Company: Marshall & Sons Fuel Oil Inc
Job description: Job Title:
Join our busy office! We are a family owned & operated group of energy related businesses in Montauk, NY. Our small office processes daily work for our 6 core companies. One of our beloved office employees is growing her family and we need a temporary replacement. We are looking to hire and begin training someone in November, with full time employment through April at the earliest. We are always growing and there will be potential for continued employment, either part time or full time depending on performance. We will train you to do all the tasks that are necessary for the job. Certain administrative skills and experience are required.
- Answers phone calls, schedules appointments and supports customers.
- Exhibits polite and professional communication via phone, e-mail, and mail.
- Provides administrative support to ensure efficient operation of office.
- Carries out administrative duties such as filing, typing, copying, shredding, scanning, organizing, etc.
- Completes daily, weekly & monthly processes such as counting cash drawers, preparing deposits, creating invoices, processing mailings, email blasts, customer reminders, light bookkeeping & filling in reports.
- Supports team by performing tasks related to ongoing projects & new ventures.
- Ensures operation of office equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements, calling for repairs, maintaining equipment inventories and evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Provides information to managers and owners by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needed supplies, ordering & requesting necessary items leaving adequate lead time.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related additional tasks as needed.
Work Hours & Benefits: Schedule is 5 days a week, with one weekday and one weekend day off.
Work Schedule: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday 8am-4:30pm. Reasonable accommodations can be made for individuals who need to make it to a restaurant by a certain time for a night job, or similar situation. The Wednesday off could be traded for Thursday off if that works better.
Necessary Skills and Qualifications:
- Computer Literacy, Typing, Proficiency with Microsoft Office, G Suite, Adobe Acrobat, Chrome & Email
- Professionalism, Punctuality, Organization
- Cash handling and counting
- Excellent verbal & written communications skills in English
- Office Inventory & Supply Management, Equipment PMs, etc.
- Ability to pick up & use unfamiliar software systems.
Additional Skills that Are a Plus:
- Any knowledge or experience in the construction industry
- Any Experience with Quickbooks
- Any Experience with Square Register & POS
- Any Experience with C Store Office, Ignite, Ignite Mobile, ProKeep, or Silent Passenger
Expected salary: $20 – 25 per hour
Location: Montauk, NY
Job date: Tue, 21 Nov 2023 06:37:50 GMT
To apply for this job please visit jobviewtrack.com.