Job title: Assistant Operations Manager
Company: Lamar Advertising
Job description: Do you have what it takes to lead a fast-paced operations & construction team? Our Lamar office in Buffalo, NY is now hiring a new management team member to help us bring outdoor advertising campaigns to life for brands in Buffalo, New York, and the surrounding areas. We’re in search of a safety-oriented, front-line Assistant Operations Manager to work alongside our Operations Manager and motivate our Operations team through positive leadership and hands-on training.
This position is responsible for assisting the Operations Manager in managing the operations department. This includes assisting the Operations Manager in administrative duties and supervising the work of other operations employees. This position is a developmental progression toward an Operations Manager position.
What you can expect from us:
- A Monday – Friday 6 am – 2:30 work schedule
- First-year earning potential of $60,000 – $65,000 / year
- 120 hours of paid time off (PTO) that increases with tenure
- 12 paid company holidays including Presidents Day and Juneteenth
- A comprehensive 6-month training / safety program
What we’re looking for in YOU:
- Detailed knowledge of Lamar, Department of Transportation (DOT), and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) safety regulations.
- Ability to manage Lamar operations personnel and inventory.
- Ability to make independent decisions and schedule adjustments, based on work load.
- Ability to safely use welding and torching equipment, in regards to the construction and maintenance of outdoor structures.
- Ability to safely use construction and vegetation equipment, in regards to the construction and maintenance of outdoor structures.
- Working knowledge of electrical procedures and techniques.
- Ability to climb heights and work at heights above ground safely.
- Basic computer skills including Internet navigation and Microsoft Office.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Skill in setting priorities which accurately reflect the relative importance of job responsibilities.
- Supervisory skills including organizing objectives, delegating responsibilities, and training.
Education and experience:
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- 2 years of Operations experience in the outdoor advertising industry is required or equivalent experience in a safety-related position.
- CDL License Required
- Preferred certifications, depending on location need: Crane, Signal, Rigging, or LDD
- Must have recommendation from Area Field Manager, Territory Manager, or Regional Manager
- Or equivalent combination of education and experiencee
Please note: Upon submitting your application, you will be asked to complete an 8-15 minute personality assessment. This assessment compares your professional soft skills to the skills required for success in this role. Please answer honestly; this is not a test! Not completing this assessment could result in disqualification from consideration for this position.
Candidates with a disability in need of an accommodation to fulfill our application requirements should email .
A day in the life:
- This position is designed to be a placeholder for employees who are being developed for an Operations Manager position in the future. It is only needed in larger locations.
- Manager when Operations Manager is out of the office and assumes his or her general responsibilities
- Responsible for assisting the Operations Manager with the safety program. This includes ensuring all requirements (Department of Transportation, Lamar, Occupational Hazard and Safety Administration, etc.) are met, ensuring the operations crew are following all safety requirements, and performing safety observations.
- Responsible for supervising the operations crew while they are in the field. This includes ensuring the operations crew is wearing the proper safety equipment and following all safety procedures.
- Ensure all work is completed in the most efficient manner, including routing work orders.
- Responsible for maintaining the shop and equipment. This includes tracking the inventory, ensuring the shop has a neat appearance, and performing minor repairs to equipment.
- Responsible for helping the crew addresses issues (access issues, difficult installations, etc.) in the field.
- Responsible for assisting the operations crew with field work, such as installations, vegetation maintenance, construction maintenance, electrical maintenance, and repairing digitals.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- The primary work environments for this position are in an office, shop, and outdoors, in some situations requiring the ability to work in adverse weather conditions and climb to heights up to 200 ft.
- The physical demands for this position include heavy lifting, pushing, reaching, seeing (with a focus on reading, color distinction, acuity, depth perception, and peripheral vision), sitting less than 50% of the time, standing, stooping, talking, turning, walking, and climbing.
- Nights spent away from home are less than 10%.
Lamar is an EOE/AA: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Protected Veterans or any other State or Federally protected characteristic
Disability Self-Identification: When applying for a job with Lamar, you will be asked to voluntarily self-identify whether you have a disability. Please take a moment to watch for clarification on why we’re asking for this information!
California Residents – Lamar collects personal information in the ordinary course of considering job applicants. This information may include, for example, name, address, phone number and other contact information, employment history and reference contact information, and any other information provided by an applicant to Lamar. By submitting an application, you consent to the use or sharing of this personal information solely for the purpose of consideration for employment by Lamar. Lamar will not sell this information.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Expected salary: $60000 – 65000 per year
Location: Orchard Park, NY
Job date: Sun, 19 Nov 2023 08:59:11 GMT
To apply for this job please visit jobviewtrack.com.