Job title: Assistant Plant Manager – Batavia, NY
Job description: Job ID: 489879
Oldcastle APG, a CRH company, is a leading global supplier of building and landscaping products. Its product portfolio includes hardscapes and masonry, packaged cement mixes, lawn and garden materials, and composite decking sold through a variety of channels for residential and commercial use. Oldcastle APG is the leading producer of hardscapes in North America and Europe and the innovator behind many of the industry’s well-known brands: Belgard hardscapes, Echelon masonry, Sakrete bagged dry mixes, and MoistureShield composite decking. With over 260 operating locations and approximately 8,500 employees, Oldcastle APG operates across 7 countries in the U.S., Canada, and Europe.
The Assistant Plant Manager is responsible for the overall plant operations and ensuring non-stop production in an effective, safe and profitable manner. This position supports the Plant Manager in overall plant operations, including production and ensuring all employees strive to meet the standards set forth by the company for Safety, Quality, Efficiency, Preventative Maintenance, and Housekeeping.
- Develop, recommend and implement measures to improve production methods and equipment performance
- Analyze work orders and estimate workers hours
- Monitor production and initiate corrective action as required ensuring plant follows and complies with safety guidelines, quality control and production
- Ensure proper training of all production, shift and plant supervisors
- Review monthly budget and work closely with sales team to meet sales goals
- Other duties and responsibilities related to the nature of the job may be assigned on a temporary or permanent basis as needed
- Bachelor’s degree preferred and/or three or more years as a departmental or assistant manager in a similar industry; or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Ability to work evening shift with variable hours based upon business needs
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods
- Strong Microsoft Word and Excel skills
- Good analytical problem-solving skills
- Purchasing and P&L experience
- Knowledge of construction products and basic knowledge of electronics and programmable controllers preferred
What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Oldcastle APG, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability–If you want to know more, please click on this .
Date: Nov 17, 2023
Location: Batavia, NY
Job date: Sun, 19 Nov 2023 08:54:36 GMT
To apply for this job please visit jobviewtrack.com.