Job title: Ast Mgr Operations, Bronx, NY
Job description: As the Assistant Manager of Operations you are accountable for contributing to profitable sales growth by attracting, retaining, leading, developing, and engaging associates, reinforcing and supporting customer experience strategies and initiatives, and executing sales building programs.
- Customer Service & Sales – Models and holds the team accountable for outstanding customer service, ensuring the customer is always put first. Actively listens to customer issues to resolve problems.. Promotes FindMore, credit, rewards and gift card programs in the store. Drives planning and execution of events and credit card acquisition and actively engages customers to support the company’s credit application process.
- Store Operations – Owns in-stock levels, the door to floor merchandise preparation processes. Actively leads the team in planning and execution of the pricing and signing process. Partners with the Operations Supervisor to ensure task workload is planned out effectively.
- Stockroom & General Operations – Responsible for all stockroom processes, work safety initiatives, facility equipment, repairs and overall building maintenance. Oversees the cash office and owns receiving, shipping and logistics with third party carrier processes.
- Talent Acquisition & Training – Responsible for partnering with store management to source and screen candidates for hourly operations positions. Partners with Human Resource Supervisor to review progress for onboarding and training of all operations associates.
- Team Development – Partners with the Human Resource Supervisor to provide ongoing training to Operations Associates. Plays an active role in the training and development of associates; coaches in the moment, addresses performance issues and taking immediate action on performance and policy issues on the team.
- Performance Standards – Consistently meets established performance standards; including but not limited to: shrink and safety initiatives, scheduling efficiency, associate relations, engagement, customer service, profit, productivity, and attendance.
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Work experience- Minimum of 2 years retail leadership experience
- Education- Bachelor degree or equivalent work experience
To achieve success at JCPenney, a manager will possess the following competencies:
Embraces a Growth Mindset: Proposes and initiates actions on new ideas that improve our product, stores or practices. Will listen to ideas and suggestions and applies ideas when appropriate, champions new initiatives. Encourages others and their self to stretch beyond current capabilities. Willing to be a catalyst for change by challenging the status quo and motivates others to make improvements. Uses the growth mindset by seeing change as an opportunity to learn and grow.
Thinks Critically: Demonstrates business and functional expertise and stays current with developments in the retail industry; applies learning to drive company goals. Will gather the necessary information to fully understand the scope of the problem; applies critical thinking to develop options, identify assumptions and consider impacts. Uses fact-based analysis to guide decision-making; summarizes analysis clearly and succinctly and recommends a course of action.
Demonstrates Leadership: Creates an environment that fosters teamwork, recognizes others’ accomplishments and respects and values differences in the workplace. Requires high personal and team performance standards, leads by example and motivates others to perform at a higher level. Able to give and is open to constructive performance feedback; holds self and others accountable for performance and actions. Creates a culture of development by coaching and teaching others. Aligns goals, processes, and culture to create momentum and champion a One Team approach.
Takes Accountability: Takes responsibility for excellent customer experiences and reliably delivers solutions that meet customer needs. Is able to build relationships by showing consideration for the perspectives of others, listening first before drawing conclusions. Develops positive and inclusive relationships across the organization
Implements with Excellence: Develops and prioritizes short and long-range plans that are comprehensive, realistic, and effective in meeting company goals. Implements project/plans that are well-organized and efficient, seeks feedback and takes needed action. Demonstrates the ability to effectively delegate work and communicates plans and expectations to others.
Drives Results: Demonstrates a sense of urgency to act decisively and quickly. Establishes aggressive goals and takes appropriate risks to achieve results. Shows confidence when challenged and will do the right thing even when it’s hard. Strives to achieve excellent results by creating a culture of continuous improvement.
At JCPenney, we share a passion for serving customers, supporting our communities and being the best retailer for all families. As a company founded on the Golden Rule, our success is rooted in the belief that we treat everyone the way we would want to be treated. At every touchpoint, customers discover stylish merchandise at incredible value from an extensive portfolio of private, exclusive and national brands. Reinforcing this shopping experience is the customer service and warrior spirit of associates across the globe, all driving toward the Company’s mission to help customers find what they love for less time, money and effort.
Working at JCPenney means joining a dedicated team of associates who are encouraged to be uniquely themselves in a safe, caring and welcoming environment. It is a place where careers prosper, accomplishments are celebrated and diversity flourishes. It’s a place that’s meant for you.
In addition to a competitive wage, this position is eligible to earn bi-annual incentive.
If eligible, we offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, and 401(k) with company match. All associates are eligible for an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.
Job Title: Ast Mgr Operations, Bronx, NY
Job ID: 1116683
J.C. Penney Company Inc.
Share this Job
- Alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.
- Receive relevant communications and updates from JCPenney.
- Ability to share job opportunities with family and friends through Social Media or email.
JCPenney is an equal opportunity employer.*
Applicants for employment who have a disability should call 1-888-879-2641 or email to request assistance or accommodation.
The person responding will not have access to information concerning the status of applications.
Expected salary: $43400 – 80600 per year
Location: The Bronx, NY
Job date: Mon, 20 Nov 2023 08:58:18 GMT
To apply for this job please visit jobviewtrack.com.