Job title: AWS Security Hub, Security Engineer, Enterprise Security Services (ESS)
Job description: The AWS Security Hub team is looking for a passionate and innovative security engineer with a focus on compliance and security best practices for AWS services. AWS Security Hub is the security and compliance center for AWS customers. One of its main functions is conducting automated checks against AWS security best practices, industry standards, and regulatory frameworks. The person joining Security Hub in this position will lead the effort to define security best practices for each AWS service, including implementation of security controls to assess compliance, remediations to respond to non-compliant events, and mappings to industry standards and regulatory frameworks.
The successful candidate is one who has experience defining technical requirements for compliance and security best practices. You should be comfortable looking at an AWS service and identifying what security controls should be in place to help customers be confident that they are using that service in a secure way. You should be comfortable developing requirements that developers can utilize to translate security controls into automated checks and remediation procedures. You should also be comfortable implementing automated checks in Python or a support language.
A key aspect of this job is the ability to earn trust with large network of stakeholders: AWS service owners, security expects in our solution architecture and consulting teams, Security Hub’s development team, and, most importantly, our customers. In addition to being a technical expert in security best practices and compliance, you will be a leading voice in the effort to raise the bar for security and compliance across AWS.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
New York, NY, USA
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS – BS in computer science, networking, information systems, computer engineering, or 4+ years of equivalent experience
– 3+ years of experience in network, system, or software security; design, implementation, support, and evaluation of security-focused tools and services
– 2+ years of experience in one or more of the following areas: cryptography and data protection, web and network protocols, data structures and algorithms, identity and access management, incident response, software development, threat modeling, pen tests, or vulnerability assessments
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS – Have a clear understanding of cloud computing services/deployment architecture
– Demonstrate innovative security approaches in non-traditional IT environments
– Have experience with domain specific languages for compliance
– Have experience with compliance frameworks such as NIST 800-53, NIST CSF, HITRUST, ISO 27001, or other comparable frameworks
– Understands common attack scenarios within cloud computing environments and has used a security framework, such as Mitre ATT&CK, to define and analyze security incidents.
– Have experience in the development of security products or DevSecOps infrastructure
– Have excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
– Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
– Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $135,500/year in our lowest geographic market up to $212,800/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.
Expected salary: $135500 per year
Location: New York City, NY
Job date: Tue, 21 Nov 2023 08:13:39 GMT
To apply for this job please visit jobviewtrack.com.