The Jewish Board
Job title: Case Manager
Company: The Jewish Board
Job description: Social Worker (Licensed)
2020 Coney Island Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11223, USA Req #23904
Wednesday, November 15, 2023
Make a bigger difference
At The Jewish Board, we don’t just make a difference – we make a bigger difference as we serve 45,000 New Yorkers every year. Join our dedicated team that’s been helping communities across New York City for almost 150 years and see just how big of a difference you can make.
Reasons you’ll love working with us:
- If you have a particular age range or population you’re interested in working with, you can find your niche here. Our clients and staff are as diverse as the city we work in, and include people of all cultures, religions, races, gender expressions, and sexual orientations.
- We’re committed to supporting your career development by encouraging mobility and advancement across different program types and jobs.
- With 70 locations throughout the five boroughs, you can work close to where you live.
- Generous vacation time and generous paid holidays will help you achieve a healthy work/life balance.
- We offer an excellent benefits package with affordable, high-quality health and dental insurance with low co-pays.
- You’ll receive ongoing support through high-quality supervision, specialized trainings from our Continuing Education team, and an education benefit.
How you can make a bigger difference:
The Social Worker is responsible for providing necessary clinical intervention within the realm of the program. Provide culturally competent and sensitive services.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Short and long-term treatment of children, adolescents and adults at base clinic.
- Working off –site in Bais Yaakov school settings providing treatment and consultation. Consultations may include providing workshops in classroom, for parents and teachers.
- Crisis intervention when indicated as part of the treatment.
- Maintaining accurate and up-to-date case records, e.g. progress notes, assessments and treatment plans, statistics, and other documentation as required by JB and other governmental licensing and funding entities.
Other duties assigned as clinically indicated.
EDUCATIONAL / TRAINING REQUIRED:
- Master’s degree in counseling, creative arts, or social work from an accredited program AND a New York State License or limited permit in Mental Health Counseling (LMHC); Creative Arts Therapy (LCAT), or social work (LMSW) required.
- Hebrew a plus but not required
- Must have familiarity and knowledge of Orthodox Jewish Community
- School based experience a plus but not required
We respect diversity and accordingly are an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, disability, sex, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, partnership status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
This applies with respect to recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, termination, assignments, benefits, employee activities, access to facilities and programs, and all other terms and condition of employment as well as general treatment during employment.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees with disabilities, without regard to any protected classifications, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. Any employees who need assistance to perform their job duties because of a physical or mental condition should contact human resources.
- Job Family Clinical Staff [300s]
- Job Function Managers
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator 8832 – Physician & Clerical
- Min Hiring Rate $60,000.00
- Travel Required Yes
- Required Education Master’s Degree
Expected salary: $60000 per year
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Job date: Fri, 17 Nov 2023 08:58:46 GMT
To apply for this job please visit jobviewtrack.com.