New York Power Authority
Job title: Civil Rights Inclusion Project Specialist II
Company: New York Power Authority
Job description: Summary
The Office of Civil Rights (OCRI) provides leadership and strategic direction in creating and nurturing a workplace that is inclusive, respectful and free from discrimination, intolerance, harassment and retaliation. This position champions an inclusive work environment and respectful treatment, and demonstrate inclusive behaviors through actions and communications. The Specialist must be highly organized, detail oriented, and a great communicator. #LI-CJ1
- Provide administrative and meeting support to the Chief Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Officer (CDEIO) and the OCRI team
- Provide administrative assistance, such as writing and editing e-mails, drafting memos, creating decks/presentations and preparing communications on the executive’s behalf
- Manage calendar, including scheduling meetings, appointments, and travel arrangements
- Manage and prioritize tasks, keeping the OCRI staff advised of time-sensitive and issues, ensuring deadlines are met
- Maintain confidential records and files, ensuring all information is organized and easily accessible
- Assist with event planning and coordination, including conferences, meetings, and special projects as needed; including scheduling, sending reminders, and organizing catering when necessary
- Conduct research and gather information for the preparation of documents, reports, tables, and charts
- Manage and prepare meeting materials, facilitate meetings when needed and attend leadership meetings as needed
- Coordinate and manage requests for data and other internal and external communications
- Independently respond to inquiries and route them to the appropriate administrative staff
- Serve as the primary contact for on answering phones, forwarding calls and taking messages
- Perform minor accounting duties and collaborate with diversity vendors and oversee CRI invoices and expenses
- Partner with Corporate Communications to disseminate CRI event or initiative messaging
- Perform additional related duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrate strong communication skills (written & verbal), outstanding presentation and facilitation skills
- Demonstrate discretion in highly sensitive or confidential matters, sound judgment and decision making are critical
- Committed advocate for the advancement of diversity and champion of building inclusive work environments
- Knowledge of diversity & inclusion principles, Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and affirmation action laws & regulations
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to effectively interact with a wide variety of management and union employees, as well as with external representatives
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, with excellent interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, including but not limited to: Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Knowledge in Microsoft Power Automate and Power Platform preferred
Education, Experience and Certifications
- Minimum of Associate’s Degree
- Minimum 3 years of related experience providing executive and administrative support in a professional setting
- Awareness of diversity, equity and inclusion matters in the utility industry preferred
- DEI experience such as leadership of a Business Resource Group preferred
- Requires the ability to travel 15-25% of the time primarily within NY State
- Must have a valid driver license and favorable motor vehicle report
New York Power Authority is committed to providing fair, competitive, and market-informed compensation. The target salary range for this position is: $72,180-108,260. Salary offered will be determined based the successful candidates’ relevant experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities.
The New York Power Authority and Canal Corporation believes that diversity, equity, and inclusion drive our success, and we encourage women, people of color, LGBTQIA+ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents and veterans to apply. As an equal opportunity employer, NYPA/Canals is committed to building inclusive, innovative work environments with employees who reflect communities across New York and enthusiastically serve them. We proudly celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on race/color, creed/religion, national origin, citizenship or immigration status, age, disability, military status, gender/sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy and related conditions, familial/marital status, domestic violence victim status, predisposing genetic characteristics, arrest/criminal conviction record or any other category protected by law.
NYPA/Canals will also provide reasonable accommodations during the hiring process related to candidates’ disabilities, pregnancy-related conditions, religious observances/practices and/or domestic violence concerns. To request an accommodation, please email .
New York is Powered by You
We are a team of over 1,900 energy technologists, IT specialists, business experts, hydro engineers, and other professionals leading the energy revolution. With state-of-the-art technology, advanced R&D, and a modernized infrastructure, we provide New Yorkers with low-cost, clean, reliable power — and we are well on the way to becoming the first fully digital utility in the country. At NYPA, you will be empowered to think big, do good, and transform the energy industry.
NYPA on Forbes “Best of” – again!
NYPA is ranked by Forbes as one of for the fourth consecutive year! Browse today and apply.
Expected salary: $72180 – 108260 per year
Location: White Plains, NY
Job date: Sat, 18 Nov 2023 08:52:12 GMT
To apply for this job please visit jobviewtrack.com.