NYU Family Health Centers
Job title: CT Technologist/CT Technician – per diem (weekend and evening coverage)
Company: NYU Family Health Centers
Job description: NYU Langone Hospital – Brooklyn is a full-service teaching hospital and Level I trauma center located in Sunset Park, Brooklyn. The hospital is central to a comprehensive network of affiliated ambulatory and outpatient practices, and serves as NYU Langone Health’s anchor for healthcare access, growth, and delivery in the entire borough. At NYU Langone Health, equity, diversity, and inclusion are fundamental values. We strive to be a place where our exceptionally talented faculty, staff, and students of all identities can thrive. We embrace diversity, inclusion, and individual skills, ideas, and knowledge. Learn more about , and interact with us on , , , , , and .
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a CT Technologist/CT Technician – per diem (weekend and evening coverage).
In this role, the successful candidate operates radiologic equipment to produce clinical diagnostic films as directed by physicians. Performs routine diagnostic procedures according to established policies and procedures. Performs all types of C.T. exams efficiently and competently.
- May inject Intravenous Contrast Media when it is part of an imaging study and when supervised by a physician.
- Takes quality x-ray images of specified body areas/parts as ordered by the physician, following established procedures and guidelines.
- Identifies his/her role to the patient. Explains procedure to the patient and answers questions relating to the procedure.
- Performs examinations in an organized manner and logical sequence. Uses correct side markers and places initials on film.
- Demonstrates an awareness of self-responsibility and accountability for own professional practice
- Maintains a clean and safe environment for the patient by setting up the exam room properly for the procedure.
- Accepts direction from supervisor willingly.
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
- Ensures the proper name and demographics of the patient appear on all images. Properly uses all measurement functions and review layouts. Demonstrates an understanding of post processing at image works and at retro recon.
- Ensures the patient’s comfort and dignity during the procedure e.g. use of pillows, table pad, sheets, blankets etc.
- Performs all C.T. procedures quickly and competently, choose exams from the worklist, properly label, archive, and store exams.
- Implements care in a knowledgeable, skillful, consistent and continuous manner always keeping the patients welfare the priority.
- Performs all documentation duties as required by the Department.
- Keeps the C.T. Department neat, clean and properly stocked with the necessary supplies for the days work.
- Takes initiative and is proactive in resolving issues that are encountered in the Dept
- Performs daily Q.A tests, warm up procedures and calibrations
- Can properly plot axial, sagittal and coronal images for the appropriate exam and can select and adjust the specific scanning protocols to meet the patient’s needs and condition
To qualify you must have a
- Graduate of an accredited program in Radiologic Technology
- 2-5+ years experience preferred.
- Must be competent in all basic radiological exams.
- Willingness to devote the time required completing the assigned tasks on schedule
- New York State License + ARRT certification in CT, or eligible to sit for the CT registry. Must complete CT Certification within 1 year of employment.
- NYS License to Inject Intravenous Contrast Media and CPR Certificate by The American Red Cross, American Heart Association or equivalent training program. IV Certification must be completed within 6 months of employment.
Required Licenses: Radiography – R.T. (R)(ARRT), Computed Tomgrphy-RT(CT)(ARRT), Radiologic TechLic IV-Cert-NYS, Radiologic Tech Lic – NYS
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Hospital – Brooklyn provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you’ll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Hospital-Brooklyn is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Hospital- Brooklyn’s EEO policies, please . Please to view the Federal “EEO is the law” poster or visit for more information.
NYU Langone Health provides a salary range to comply with the New York state Law on Salary Transparency in Job Advertisements. The salary range for the role is $49.48 – $55.14 Hourly. Actual salaries depend on a variety of factors, including experience, specialty, education, and hospital need. The salary range or contractual rate listed does not include bonuses/incentive, differential pay or other forms of compensation or benefits.
To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Job date: Sun, 19 Nov 2023 23:30:35 GMT
To apply for this job please visit jobviewtrack.com.