NYU Langone Health
Job title: Director of Content Strategy & Development
Company: NYU Langone Health
Job description: is a world-class, patient-centered, integrated academic medical center, known for its excellence in clinical care, research, and education. It comprises more than 200 locations throughout the New York area, including , , and a level 1 trauma center. Also part of NYU Langone Health is the , a National Cancer Institute designated comprehensive cancer center, and , which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. At NYU Langone Health, equity, diversity, and inclusion are fundamental values. We strive to be a place where our exceptionally talented faculty, staff, and students of all identities can thrive. We embrace diversity, inclusion, and individual skills, ideas, and knowledge. For more information, go to , and interact with us on and .
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Director of Content Strategy & Development.
In this role, the successful candidate will shape and elevate our content development. In this high-visibility role, you will shape the vision and execution of compelling end-to-end storytelling content across the organization. You will lead the creation of cutting-edge and engaging multi-channel and multi-audience content that aligns with institutional strategy to enhance brand reputation and drive appointment volume.
Reporting directly to the Senior Director, Content Strategy & Development, you will collaborate with cross-functional leaders to craft creative and impactful written communication assets. By protecting and promoting the NYULH brand through captivating storytelling, you will engage audiences and drive business outcomes.
- Lead the content and services team to execute innovative, strategic, and integrated campaigns aligned with brand and institutional goals
- Identify emerging trends and implement innovative approaches to position NYULH as a pioneering content leader, shaping the institution’s content agenda
- Drive brand awareness, engagement, and business growth through compelling storytelling across diverse platforms
- Ensure a cohesive and impactful content experience that resonates with audiences across all assets
- Understand key audience segments by leveraging data and insights from across the C&M team, formulating effective content strategies, and collaborating across C&M teams for a unified NYULH voice
Content Quality Assurance and Brand Consistency
- Ensure high-quality written content consistency across various platforms, aligning with the brand, best practices, engagement goals, and institutional objectives
- Collaborate with Program Measurement and Business Operations to define KPIs and drive data-driven enhancements to content strategies
- Establish robust governance processes, guidelines, and standards to uphold content quality and uniformity
- Transform intricate clinical and scientific details into engaging content that resonates with diverse audiences
- Be the final quality control for content developed by the internal team and freelancers, maintaining accuracy, clarity, and brand compliance; provide constructive feedback to enhance content
Editorial Management and Compliance:
- Develop and manage an editorial calendar outlining content creation, publication schedules, and key milestones
- Ensure content team adherence to the calendar, optimizing production efficiency and process
- Stay current on relevant regulations like copyright and data protection, ensuring content compliance; adhere to the most up to date guidance from government, regulatory, and NYULH legal directives
- Generate innovative, captivating ideas to distinguish NYULH’s content and engage audiences effectively
Collaboration and Leadership:
- Act as a trusted advisor to the Head of Content Strategy & Development and other senior C&M leadership members, align content initiatives with department and institutional priorities
- Partner closely with the Head of Cross-Channel Content Strategy and the Production Lead to produce content that advances key strategic objectives
- Work with renowned experts, including physicians and researchers, to understand their work and inform the development of impactful content creation
- Foster teamwork and contribute to the broader C&M departmental strategy
People Management and Development:
- Lead the content team comprising of writers, copywriters, and editors on how work gets done, set priorities, ensure standards are understood and adhered to
- Ensure clarity for the vision of the team to help them understand their role in the overall strategy of the institution
- Champion a strong continuous improvement culture and ensure deployment of scalable, simplified, and standardized processes
- Manage the allocated budget and operational forecasts of the Content & Services team, working with the Chief of Staff
- Support Senior Director, Content Strategy & Development in negotiations of vendor contracts related to content creation, as needed
To qualify you must have a Bachelor’s degree required communications, journalism, English, or related field
9+ years of experience in content strategy, storytelling, and communications for large organizations
3+ years of experience managing, developing, and mentoring a team of 3-5 content creators and copywriters
Excellent writer, editor and verbal communicator; strong science writing experience
Working experience in healthcare communication and patient education
Experience managing and collaborating with agencies and vendors
Experience in managing multiple detailed projects with varied timelines and high levels of complexity
Strong leadership skills, demonstrating the ability to influence, teach, inspire, motivate, and collaborate effectively
A deep passion for storytelling, content creation, and connecting with audiences
Strong interpersonal skills for cross-functional collaboration and ability to build strong relationships both internally and externally
Exceptional leadership skills, demonstrating the ability to influence, teach, inspire, motivate, and collaborate effectively
Proven ability to work effectively in a highly-matrixed environment
Experience developing content for a wide audience, both in-house and at an agency
Previous exposure to healthcare communication and patient education
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Health provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you’ll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Health’s EEO policies, please . Please to view the Federal “EEO is the law” poster or visit for more information.
NYU Langone Health provides a salary range to comply with the New York state Law on Salary Transparency in Job Advertisements. The salary range for the role is $138,098.48 – $230,164.48 Annually. Actual salaries depend on a variety of factors, including experience, specialty, education, and hospital need. The salary range or contractual rate listed does not include bonuses/incentive, differential pay or other forms of compensation or benefits.
To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please
Expected salary: $138098.48 – 230164.48 per year
Location: New York City, NY
Job date: Mon, 20 Nov 2023 08:28:27 GMT
To apply for this job please visit jobviewtrack.com.