Job title: Driver – Union
Job description: Are you ready for your next career opportunity?
At Cooper Electric successful associates drive our mindset of adapt, dare, and learn. Our associates are encouraged to lead innovation, embrace technology-driven solutions, and thrive in an environment that promotes personal and professional growth. You will be empowered to create best-in-class business strategies and contribute to a customer-centric environment that delivers outstanding results.
What you will do:
- Utilize Company vehicle to make deliveries according to manifest.
- Utilize technology to maintain logs and records, and to obtain customer signature.
- Verify the material that is being delivered is accurate and in excellent condition.
- Help to resolve delivery issues by communicating with dispatch team regularly.
- Conduct daily inspection of vehicle to ensure safe operation.
What you will bring:
- A valid drivers license with a clean driving record.
- CDLA or CDLB may be required depending on route type.
- Excellent customer service skills and inter-personal communication.
- Attention to detail and good time management skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to prioritize needs in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to exercise safety while carrying out all job responsibilities.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
- The ability to drive a commercial vehicle for short and long periods of time.
- The ability to sit in one position for an extended period.
- Continuous mental and visual attention to stay alert while driving.
- Flexibility and mobility to move in and out of vehicle to load and unload material.
- The ability to lift, push, and pull material and objects weighing up to 50 lbs. and heavier weights with proper equipment.
- This job is performed in an enclosed vehicle cab. There is exposure to outdoor weather while loading and unloading the vehicle.
Salary Range: $24.20/h
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Work Hours: Monday – Friday, 5:00PM
Why work for Cooper Electric?
At Cooper Electric, we are Powered by Difference. As a Sonepar company we have local roots and global reach. We thrive on the diversity of our associates and the various ways that each of us contributes to our successes. What keeps us at the forefront of progress? Our people. No matter where you work or who you are, you will be encouraged to push boundaries, expand your industry experience, and elevate your career.
Our full-time associates can participate in competitive medical plans which include medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, long and short-term disability, life insurance, employee assistance programs, and employee discounts. We offer a generous paid time off plan as well as paid holidays.
About Cooper Electric
For over 50 years, Cooper Electric has provided the New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania markets with expert electrical supplies, service capabilities, and innovative solutions. Cooper Electric was established in 1961 as a family-owned business. In 1999 Cooper Electric became a proud member of the Sonepar Group, the world’s largest privately held electrical distributor. Today, Copper Electric continues to expand our capabilities and become one of the finest electrical supply distributors in the United States
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Sonepar is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Sonepar follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, .
Expected salary: $24.2 per hour
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Job date: Fri, 17 Nov 2023 08:38:54 GMT
To apply for this job please visit jobviewtrack.com.