Job title: Editor, CNBC Make It
Job description: Company Description
We create world-class content, which we distribute across our portfolio of film, television, and streaming, and bring to life through our theme parks and consumer experiences. We own and operate leading entertainment and news brands, including NBC, NBC News, MSNBC, CNBC, NBC Sports, Telemundo, NBC Local Stations, Bravo, USA Network, and Peacock, our premium ad-supported streaming service. We produce and distribute premier filmed entertainment and programming through Universal Filmed Entertainment Group and Universal Studio Group, and have world-renowned theme parks and attractions through Universal Destinations & Experiences. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives, coupled with our Corporate Social Responsibility work, is informed by our employees, audiences, park guests and the communities in which we live. We strive to foster a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. Together, we’ll continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world.
CNBC is the recognized world leader in business news, providing real-time financial market coverage, business content and general news consumed by more than 544 million people per month across all platforms. The network’s 15 live hours a day of news programming in North America (weekdays from 5:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. ET) is produced at CNBC’s global headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., and includes reports from CNBC News bureaus worldwide. CNBC at night features a mix of new reality programming, CNBC’s highly successful series produced exclusively for CNBC and a number of distinctive in-house documentaries.
CNBC also offers content through its vast portfolio of digital products such as: CNBC.com, which provides financial market news and information to CNBC’s investor audience; CNBC Make It, a digital destination focused on making you smarter about how you earn, save and spend your money; CNBC PRO, a premium service that provides in-depth access to Wall Street; a suite of CNBC mobile apps for iOS and Android devices; Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant and Apple Siri voice interfaces; and streaming services including Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Android TV and Samsung Smart TVs. To learn more, visit . CNBC is a division of NBCUniversal, which is owned by Comcast Corporation.
Members of the media can receive more information about CNBC and its programming on the NBCUniversal Media Village Web site at . For more information about NBCUniversal, please visit .
CNBC Digital is looking to hire a talented Editor to help manage its network of contributing writers under the NYC-based Make It brand. CNBC Make It is a fast-growing, consumer-friendly section of CNBC devoted to aspirational content about entrepreneurship, leadership, careers, money and lifestyle.
The Editor will work with Make It’s Contributors team to pitch, assign, and edit stories for structure, flow, style and factual accuracy. The Editor will work on story formats including personal essays, reported pieces and op-eds.
What you’ll do:
- Organize workflow and editorial calendar of contributed content
- Recruit, edit and mentor contributors Brainstorm ideas and pitch compelling stories that showcase the Make It brand Collaborate with contributors and Make It’s social media team to distribute and promote content
What you’ll bring:
- At least 3 years of editing experience
- Ability to edit and write accurately in a high-volume, deadline-oriented environment
- Organizational skills, attention to detail and outstanding communication skills
- Exceptional news judgment and a strong sense of trending topics that will resonate with the Make It audience
- Demonstrated interest in money, careers, leadership, lifestyle and entrepreneurship topics
- Previous experience working with freelance writers and contributors
You’ll stand out if:
- You have a Bachelor’s degree
- You have experience at a large online content destination, such as a major online news site or financial newspaper
- You’re passionate about digital storytelling and creating the best user experience online, with proven experience in a creative environment
- You possess knowledge of and interest in the business world and financial news
- You have copyediting skills
- You’re able to make complex ideas easy to understand
What we offer:
At our 1221 Avenue of the Americas office in New York City, you’ll have access to great perks and amenities:
- Sneak Peek Screenings – Be the first to see the next big hit with sneak peek screenings of NBCUniversal movies and TV shows
- One-of-a-kind Events – Celebrate NBCU milestones like the Olympics, bring your parent to work with you or get a chair massage to celebrate National Relaxation Day – there’s never a dull moment at NBCU.
- Onsite Medical Center – Access to urgent care, labs, behavioral health & vaccines. Plus, additional services for benefits participants including chiropractic/physical therapy, optometry, massages & primary care.
- Commuter Friendly – Save on subway fares, train tickets and parking expenses through our pre-tax savings options.
- Collaborative Workspaces – 30 Rock shares a relaxation space with building residents at the Zo Lounge, where employees have access to nap pods, event space and even a full-service café. The 11th floor outdoor gardens at 30 Rock also inspire outside-the-box thinking in the warmer months.
- Star Sightings – Our 30 Rock Headquarters is home to iconic shows like “The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon” and “Saturday Night Live.” Which means you never know who you may run into!
When you join the NBCUniversal family, you’ll get…
We’re a global company that values our employee’s individual experiences and wellbeing. We know that we’re smarter, more dynamic and better together. That’s why we offer benefits and perks to meet your unique needs. Read more about them on our careers site We invite you to seek the excitement, the challenges and the opportunities that make working here so rewarding.
This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website. Salary range: $70,000 – $95,000
- Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Hybrid: This position has been designated as hybrid, generally contributing from the office a minimum of three days per week.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
Expected salary: $70000 – 95000 per year
Location: New York City, NY
Job date: Mon, 20 Nov 2023 01:10:08 GMT
To apply for this job please visit jobviewtrack.com.