Job title: EMT – (Paramedic)
Company: Empress EMS
Job description: Empress- Poughkeepsie Location
This position is based out of the Empress (formerly EMStar) Poughkeepsie Location
Hourly Wage – $30.00 an hour
Providing both emergency and non-emergency transport of patients. Empress Paramedics will collaborate with their direct supervisors, Municipal and County Fire, Police departments as well as other medical staff, patients, and family members to provide the highest level of patient care and customer service. At the direction of the Operations Department, the Paramedic will perform or assist with a wide variety of patient care activities in both the pre-hospital and hospital setting. The Paramedic is expected to provide supportive and definitive care to the patient of groups or group of patients. The Paramedic will provide care in the emergency setting as well as care to the patients during inter-facility transportation.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide quality patient care utilizing thorough knowledge and appropriate administration of Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), Pediatric Education for Pre-Hospital Professionals (PEEP) or Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS).
- Assess and treat with appropriate techniques (resources and equipment), any medical or trauma situation while maintaining the highest standard of patient care and professionalism.
- Assesses, plans, implements, and evaluates patient care within the scope of established treatment protocols and the current standard of care.
- Provides accurate and pertinent written documentation of all patient care and EMS responses.
- Completes ALL required Empress and NYS paperwork.
- Maintains all patient care equipment, vehicles, supplies, daily logs and patient care record as directed by the company.
- Operates Empress Vehicles and equipment as required, according to company policy.
- Maintains a safe and orderly work environment and promotes safe work practices for all employees.
- Reports to work on time and understands that due to the nature of EMS, the EMT’s assigned shift may exceed the assigned time for the end of the shift. Mandatory overtime may be assigned.
- Work schedules encompass a variety of shifts. Paramedics may be required, as part of his/her normal duties, to work ANY of the shifts available.
- Follows all Empress Policies and Procedures.
- Attends mandatory continuing medical education, updates and staff meetings as required by Empress.
- Complies with the established guidelines for uniform dress and standard equipment regulations.
- Assist in the provision of public information and educational programs designed to promote EMT-Paramedics and the services offered by Empress, to the community and allied EMS agencies.
Minimum Qualifications: * Current New York State Certification (EMT-P) and current AHA, (CPR, PALS, ACLS) Certification.
- A valid Driver’s License- Driving record must meet company requirements.
- Satisfactorily completes all aspects of the pre-employment process administered by and /or for Empress Ambulance Service, LLC. inclusive of drug screening/background check and physical agility test (CPAT).
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- National Registry Certification as a Paramedic.
- Westchester REMAC Certification.
- Hudson Valley REMAC Certification.
- NYC REMAC Certification (If working in the Montefiore Division).
Works outdoors and indoors with occasional exposure to hazardous conditions and to blood/body fluids, requires respirator use, fumes/odors, extended day, and temperature changes. Frequently works with others, face-to-face contact with others with exposure to noise, mechanical equipment, and electrical equipment. Performs shift work and performs duties frequently in a mobile environment and in confined areas.
The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee is required to sit; climb or balance; step, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or carry a maximum of 150 pounds unassisted and up to 300 pounds as part of a two-person crew. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Our recruitment, selection and hiring strategies are designed to attract, develop, and advance exceptional individuals regardless of race, color, sexual orientation, religion, age, gender, disability or any other legally protected status. We actively recruit military veterans.
Expected salary: $30 per hour
Location: Poughkeepsie, NY
Job date: Fri, 17 Nov 2023 08:57:39 GMT
To apply for this job please visit jobviewtrack.com.