Job title: Energy Engineer
Company: M/E Engineering
Job description: M/E Engineering is currently interviewing for an Energy Engineer position in our Rochester, NY office. We are a full-service MEP engineering firm providing design and technology services to our clients. Our team of nearly 200 engineers and design professionals work to create built environments that support a sustainable future for the communities we live in, work in, and care deeply about. M/E Engineering is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our business and our people.
- Possesses a professional attitude showing interest in M/E’s reputation and growth.
- A fully competent individual in all conventional aspects of the area of his/her assignment.
- Plans and conducts work requiring judgment in independent evaluation, selection, adoption and modifications of standard techniques and procedures.
- Works with the Principal and/or Associate to finalize Project Scope and Schedule of deliverables.
- Conducts energy model/simulations of new and renovated building projects.
- Conducts building energy audits.
- Analyzes building energy consumption patterns.
- Utilizes Life Cycle Cost Analysis software tools.
- Ability to review building HVAC and Electrical system designs and recommend feasible energy efficiency improvements.
- Ability to develop spreadsheet energy analysis calculations.
- Completes USGBC LEED templates (minimally M/E/P, preferably all templates).
- Writes final reports.
- Participates in meetings with clients and design team members.
- Develops energy master plans.
- Is assisted on projects by other Engineers and/or Designers.
- Estimates workforce needs and schedules and assigns work to meet completion date.
- Performs all other related functions as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science Degree or equivalent and three to seven years of experience.
- Preferably has a Professional Engineering License (P.E.) or Engineer-in-Training (E.I.T.) working toward P.E. Licensing.
- Experience with DOE 2- eQuest modeling software and other modeling software tools.
- Certified Energy Manager Certification preferred.
- USGBC LEED AP or BD+C preferred.
- Other modeling software tools.
- Familiarity with renewable energy, deep energy savings, net zero energy strategies.
- The compensation range for this position is $65,000 to $87,360 per year.
M/E Engineering is unable to sponsor H1B Candidates at this time.
Powered by JazzHR
Expected salary: $65000 – 87360 per year
Location: Rochester, NY
Job date: Sat, 18 Nov 2023 06:24:07 GMT
To apply for this job please visit jobviewtrack.com.