Job title: Environmental Scientist / Geologist / Engineer
Company: TRC Companies
Job description: Job Description:
Groundbreaker. Game changer. Pioneer.
TRC has long set the bar for clients who require more than just engineering, combining science with the latest technology to devise innovative solutions that stand the test of time. From pipelines to power plants, roadways to reservoirs, schoolyards to security solutions, clients look to TRC for breakthrough thinking backed by the innovative follow-through of an industry leader.
TRC’s professionals work with a broad range of commercial, industrial and government clients and the communities they serve. We deliver breakthrough solutions that address local needs — so our clients can better succeed in an ever-changing world.
Working at TRC means tackling interesting, meaningful projects. We pride ourselves on our collaborative spirit, entrepreneurial zeal and agile corporate structure. We recognize that the expertise of our staff is our strongest asset, so we generously reward employees for successful performance and invest in their careers through training and the development of new skills and certifications.
Our Environmental Sector delivers comprehensive environmental solutions to meet the full project lifecycle needs of clients in renewable energy, oil & gas, transportation, and manufacturing industries. With one of the largest multimedia air and land permitting and compliance teams in the country, we support client success in manufacturing and industry, liquids delivery and processing, natural gas storage and delivery, power generation and delivery, and transportation projects.
TRC is actively seeking a Geologist, Environmental Scientist or Environmental Engineer for employment in our Liverpool, NY office. This position will support our Engineering, Construction and Remediation Practice with the completion of environmental investigation and remediation projects, primarily at inactive hazardous waste and petroleum/chemical spill sites.
- Assist with site background information reviews, data assembly and evaluation, and preparation of investigation work plans and cost estimates.
- Assist with scheduling and coordination of field work and field personnel.
- Assist with procurement and scheduling of subcontractors and vendors such as laboratories, drillers, surveyors, etc. Manage subcontractors and vendors with minimal supervision from senior personnel.
- Implement field activities including soil, groundwater, sediment, surface water, air, and soil vapor sampling programs.
- Oversee soil boring advancement, soil vapor probe installation, test pit excavation and monitoring well installation and development.
- Assist with implementation of aquifer and pilot testing programs.
- Oversee remedial actions and conduct routine operation and maintenance activities at various project sites.
- Use various equipment, meters, instruments, mobile devices and forms to collect, log and manage field data and test results.
- Data tabulation and analysis, including preparation of figures, charts and field forms.
- Prepare draft sections of technical reports based on the results of background information review, field activities, field data and test results, etc.
- Apply knowledge of regulations, rules, guidelines, field practices and techniques, standard operating procedures, data reduction and evaluation techniques, etc. to field work and technical reports.
- Explain observations and findings using general understanding of geology, hydrogeology, chemistry, physics, biology, and mathematics.
- Direct junior staff in the execution of tasks.
- Participate in project meetings.
- Interact with colleagues, clients, regulators, public, vendors, and subcontractors and follow corporate standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in Geology, Environmental Science or Civil/Chemical/Environmental Engineering.
- The preferred candidate will have 2-3 years of relevant professional experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability and willingness to work independently and/or as a member of a team, including the ability to work on multiple assignments.
- Strong time-management skills with ability to meet tight deadlines and budgets.
- Must be willing to accept short- and long-term field assignments.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, transportation and be able to pass a pre-employment motor vehicle records check.
- Ability to drive, travel and perform field work away from home, office, and in outdoor environments.
- Candidates are required to successfully pass a drug test prior to employment or within five working days from date of hire.
- Candidates will frequently be required to lift and carry loads of up to 50 pounds, occasionally hoist loads of up to 50 pounds, and frequently use various hand tools and equipment to complete assigned tasks.
- May require some work outside of normal business hours and days; in particular for emergency response activities.
- Experience with Microsoft Office; especially Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Project.
- 40-hour HAZWOPER health and safety training certificate (with an up-to-date 8-hour annual refresher course certification) are desirable, but not required. Successful candidate(s) will be required to take 40-hour HAZWOPER training, be entered into a medical monitoring program upon hire and will be required to wear PPE, including a respirator occasionally.
- Database (e.g., EQuIS) and GIS or AutoCAD skills are desirable and should be noted, but are not required.
TRC is an equal opportunity employer: disability/veteran. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Location: Liverpool, NY
Job date: Sun, 19 Nov 2023 08:58:43 GMT
To apply for this job please visit jobviewtrack.com.