Job title: Finance Internships – Summer 2024
Job description: Company Description
See yourself at NBCU! Be a part of our intern community, a diverse group of curious and passionate trailblazers who we believe are the future of our industry.
The NBCUniversal Internship Program allows students to unlock their potential by contributing to big projects in meaningful ways that matter. To thrive as an NBCU intern, you are ready to bring your passion for media, entertainment, and technology along with your desire to learn each day.
Your professional development is important to us. NBCU interns receive career prep, leadership exposure, connection to other interns, networking, and of course, all the fun you can imagine along the way.
In addition to all of our internships being paid, we will also offer the following for our Summer 2024 interns:
- Paid company holidays for full-time interns.
- Robust networking, learning and development opportunities.
- Financial assistance to offset expenses for transportation and housing may be available on a needs-based basis for eligible in-person interns. More details about eligibility for this assistance will be provided at the time of offer.
Summer 2024 Recruitment Timeline:
- November 13 – December 8: Applications Open (may close early due to applicant volume)
- Mid November – Late December: First round video interviews
- Mid – Late January: Second round interviews
- Late January – February: Selected candidates receive offers
Summer 2024 Internship Program:
- Applications Close: December 8th at 11:59pm ET. Pro Tip: Submit your application as soon as possible – applications could close earlier due to applicant volume!
- Program Dates: June 3 – August 9, 2024
- Time Commitment: 40 hours per week. Exact schedule to be determined based on business need.
- Format: Opportunities listed will require an intern to work from Universal City, CA 3-5 days per week.
- Submit a one-page resume that outlines your work experience, accomplishments, and your graduation month and year.
- Submit a cover letter that highlights your passion for NBCUniversal, the locations (listed below) you are open to for internships, and your top areas of interest (opportunities listed below).
- Upload a transcript (unofficial transcripts are fine) that confirms your status as an actively enrolled student in a degree-granting program.
Areas of placement may include, but are not limited to:
- Direct-to-Consumer Revenue & Digital Integrations: Peacock’s Content Strategy group is seeking a Digital Integrations Intern to support the development and implementation of sponsorship campaigns across PeacockTV and NBCUniversal TV Everywhere streaming platforms. As an intern on the Digital Integrations team and reporting to the Manager, Digital Integrations, you will be responsible for developing and executing digital campaigns for NBCUniversal advertising clients. This highly collaborative and cross-functional role will work across a wide array of teams – Ad Sales, Consumer Marketing, Platform Editorial, Product, Video Operations and Social Media – to implement campaigns and maximize revenue. You will be a member of the rapidly growing Peacock organization, where attention to detail, relationship building, collaboration and client satisfaction are keys to a successful candidate. This role is ideal for students interested in learning about project management, advertising, content monetization, streaming revenue, and operations.
- Global Distribution – International Finance: involved in sales and revenue forecasting, working directly with the sales organization to develop and review revenue budgets in over 100 territories and responsible for creating and maintaining deal analysis/financial models, and provide insight to key trends in the markets.
- Global Distribution, Controllership: support the Controllership team with monthly and quarterly closing processes, preparation of journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations and corporate data requests.
- Universal Current Production Finance: Ownership of digital records keeping process for our shows. Interns will work with P-card management, invoices coding/processing, creating or maintaining cheat sheets for important show info.
- Universal Filmed Entertainment Group – Production Finance: responsible for a variety of tasks which can include distribution of confidential production documents as well as non-confidential finance material, digital filing and labeling as needed, research projects, organizing confidential material with the Department’s various digital systems, and updating databases as requested.
- Must be actively enrolled in a degree-granting program at an accredited institution during the entire duration of the program.
- Current class standing of sophomore or above (30 credits).
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship by NBCUniversal.
- Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA.
- Students with class standing of junior or above preferred.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above.
- Pursuing a Bachelor Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or related field.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, and the aptitude to communicate well with all levels.
- Capability to work in a fast-paced, high-volume environment.
- Experience in Financial and/or Data Analysis.
- Interpersonal skills, positive and open attitude to learn.
- Strong communicator and ability to collaborate with multiple teams.
- Direct-To-Consumer Role:
- Knowledge of digital/streaming trends and technologies with emphasis on advertising formats across video and display.
- Familiarity with Peacock and social media platforms including YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, Tik Tok, Facebook and Snapchat.
- High attention to detail and time management when executing campaigns.
The hourly rate for student interns is $25.00
Expected salary: $25 per hour
Location: New York City, NY
Job date: Sat, 18 Nov 2023 08:58:14 GMT
To apply for this job please visit jobviewtrack.com.