Job title: Lead Java Engineer (Hybrid)
Company: S&P Global
Job description: Job Description:
S&P Global Ratings
S&P Global Ratings offers critical insights for credit, risk and sustainable finance solutions that are essential to translating complexity into clarity, so market participants can uncover opportunities.
The Role: Lead Java Engineer.
The Team: Core Services is a global technology team to foster innovation, accelerate focuses on building modern cloud native frameworks and platforms while offering employees the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment. We are building a cloud native microservices framework that is a ground up on-cloud and let engineering teams create production ready cloud native microservices faster.
The Impact: Our team is responsible for the development of framework and platforms that powers the cloud native microservice development of mission-critical applications and platform services at S&P Ratings. We aim to simplify the complex and cumbersome enterprise Java application development process by offering a framework that offers solutions for Resilience, Observability, Secrets Stores, Deployments and many more. A key success measure is to decrease the number of decisions that a developer is required to make without necessarily losing flexibility and don’t repeat yourself (DRY) principles and reducing overall application development cost by promoting reuse.
What’s In It For You:
- Hybrid work schedule (work onsite 2x/week)
- Unparalleled opportunity and responsibility make a highly visible global impact.
- The chance to join a large community of like-minded technologists in a flat organization with a culture that promotes collaboration, “can do” mindsets and teamwork.
- Opportunity to work on unprecedented greenfield projects that impact S&P Ratings and the financial services industry broadly.
- Work as a Technical Lead to develop libraries, frameworks and platforms that handle our core functionality and cross cutting microservices needs.
- Designing/Building new features, maintaining high code quality via tests/code reviews/metrics, and keeping a focus on continuous improvement on all parts of the development process.
- Research new tools and cloud native technologies from the Java community, CNCF, Spring, Apache, and others.
- Build proof of concept and come up with recommendations to integrate into our product.
- Make code quality decisions, and ship solutions to provide value to our business.
- Collaborate with product managers, designers, our business, and engineers to define product vision and objectives.
What We’re Looking For:
- MS/BS in Computer Science Engineering or related disciplines.
- Solid understanding and experience of core Java, Spring Boot, Reactive Fundamentals, Distributed and Cloud Native microservices development.
- Experience with distributed messaging, Docker/Kubernetes, Cloud Computing platforms, DevOps tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including experience speaking to technical and business audiences.
- Ability to understand and effectively debug both new and existing solutions.
- Strong technical ability, willingness to learn and evolve your skills with advances in technology.
- Work/lead in a fast-paced environment with diverse global teams.
- Experience working with search platforms such as Elastic search, Solar, Open Search.
- Experience working with messaging solutions such as Kafka, JMS etc.
- Experience working with Cloud Services on platforms such as AWS, Azure etc.
- Experience working with Kubernetes (Deployment, Pods , HPA, Helm charts etc.).
- Experience with development of API and API management.
- Experience working with Streaming platform such as Apache flume, Flink is a plus.
- Experience working with Complex event processing tech such as Esper , Wso2, flink is a plus.
- Experience working with AIML frameworks and libraries such as keras, pytorch, spacy, nltk etc. is a plus.
- Experience working with Model hubs such as hugging face, tensorhub etc. is a plus.
We pride ourselves on our agility and diversity, and we welcome requests to work flexibly. For most roles, flexible hours and/or an element of remote working are usually possible. Please talk to us at interview about the type of arrangement that is best for you. We will always try to be adaptable wherever we can.
Return to Work
Have you taken time out for caring responsibilities and are now looking to return to work? As part of our Return to Work initiative (link to career site page when available), we are encouraging enthusiastic and talented returners to apply, and will actively support your return to the workplace.
Grade/Level (relevant for internal applicants only): 11.
The Location: Princeton, NJ or New York, NY – USA
Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only):
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $115,000 to $160,000. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive plan.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit spgbenefits.com.
About Company Statement:
S&P Global delivers essential intelligence that powers decision making. We provide the world’s leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead. As part of our team, you’ll help solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape.
Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
US Candidates Only: The EEO is the Law Poster describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 – Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), IFTECH202.2 – Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority – Ratings – (Strategic Workforce Planning)
Job ID: 293274
Posted On: 2023-11-19
Location: Princeton, New Jersey, United States
Expected salary: $115000 – 160000 per year
Location: Princeton, NJ – New York City, NY
Job date: Mon, 20 Nov 2023 06:44:04 GMT
To apply for this job please visit jobviewtrack.com.