Job title: Legal Internships – Summer 2024
Job description: Company Description
See yourself at NBCU! Be a part of our intern community, a diverse group of curious and passionate trailblazers who we believe are the future of our industry.
The NBCUniversal Internship Program allows students to unlock their potential by contributing to big projects in meaningful ways that matter. To thrive as an NBCU intern, you are ready to bring your passion for media, entertainment, and technology along with your desire to learn each day.
Your professional development is important to us. NBCU interns receive career prep, leadership exposure, connection to other interns, networking, and of course, all the fun you can imagine along the way.
In addition to all of our internships being paid, we will also offer the following for our Summer 2024 interns:
- Paid company holidays for full-time interns.
- Robust networking, learning and development opportunities.
- Financial assistance to offset expenses for transportation and housing may be available on a needs-based basis for eligible in-person interns. More details about eligibility for this assistance will be provided at the time of offer.
Summer 2024 Recruitment Timeline:
- November 13 – December 8: Applications Open (may close early due to applicant volume)
- Mid November – Late December: First round video interviews
- Mid – Late January: Second round interviews
- Late January – February: Selected candidates receive offers
Summer 2024 Internship Program:
- Applications Close: December 8th at 11:59pm ET. Pro Tip: Submit your application as soon as possible – applications could close earlier due to applicant volume!
- Program Dates: June 3 – August 9, 2024
- Time Commitment: 40 hours per week. Exact schedule to be determined based on business need.
- Format: Opportunities listed will require an intern to work from Washington, D.C. 3-5 days per week.
- Submit a one-page resume that outlines your work experience, accomplishments, and your graduation month and year.
- Submit a cover letter that highlights your passion for NBCUniversal, the locations (listed below) you are open to for internships, and your top areas of interest (opportunities listed below).
- Upload a transcript (unofficial transcripts are fine) that confirms your status as an actively enrolled student in a degree-granting program.
NBCUniversal’s Corporate groups are uniquely positioned at the core of our organization. Employees within these groups use their area of expertise to support all businesses across the company, keeping the heart of each brand at the forefront. There are also business-specific opportunities available, which may be included in the description below.
Areas of placement may include, but are not limited to:
- Government Affairs: This team focuses on regulatory, legislative, and public policy matters related to broadcasting/media/film/streaming issues, including intellectual property, content piracy, broadcast licensing, programming standards, accessibility and privacy. Interns will have the opportunity to prepare briefing memos, talking points, comment summaries, and other written material. Interns will also partner with management to determine the impact of federal actions on the organizations, develop presentations and other written materials on findings, and act as an internal consultant to the team.
- Must be actively enrolled in a degree-granting program at an accredited institution during the entire duration of the program.
- In pursuit of a Juris Doctor degree from an accredited Institution and be able to provide documentation to confirm your degree progress.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship by NBCUniversal.
- Must be willing to work in Washington, D.C.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above.
- Current class standing of 2L or above.
- Coursework and legal experience with an entertainment company or firm.
- Strong research and writing skills.
- Interest in the broadcast, digital media, and telecommunications industries.
- Experience or interest in legislative and regulatory affairs.
- Commitment to building an inclusive work environment.
The hourly rate for JD student interns is $25.00.
Expected salary: $25 per hour
Location: New York City, NY
Job date: Mon, 20 Nov 2023 08:36:42 GMT
To apply for this job please visit jobviewtrack.com.