Job title: Mechanical Engineer
Job description: Company Description
Are you looking for a challenging position where you can work directly with clients across various industries to solve their critical manufacturing problems? We strive to help our clients improve their operations, i.e., reduce cycle time, eliminate waste, and keep processes sustainable, etc.
We are looking for a motivated, open minded, enthusiastic individual to join our Advanced Manufacturing engineering team. An ideal candidate will be a creative, results driven, dedicated professional willing to take initiative, communicate effectively across functional teams and lead project engineering success across the entire project lifecycle.
Do you like Augmented and Virtual Reality (AR/VR)?
Do you like 3D Printing?
Do you like Robotics?
Ramboll might be the place for you.
Join our Advanced Manufacturing team and grow with our talented, driven professionals on unique and challenging projects. When you start with us, you’ll be joining a company that strives to make a difference, for our employees, clients, and societies.
Day to Day:
At our Advanced manufacturing facility, we apply the latest, cutting edge manufacturing techniques to co-create engineered systems for some of the world’s leading aerospace, specialty casting and forging, environmental, and automation clients. Concept tests and live simulations are carried out at our 100,000 sq ft facility during Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT). During FAT Ramboll Engineers get hands on experience testing industrial equipment in real life scenarios. Not only will you work alongside experts in industrial process controls and automation, but you will also affect positive change towards the newest technologies and manufacturing innovations.
Ramboll engineers use the latest 3D Computer Aided Design (CAD) and simulation software to create custom, engineered solutions to support clients across our various business units. Our engineers also routinely work hands-on in our shop floor alongside a team of experienced fabricators/welders throughout the manufacturing process.
In addition to client project support, our engineers advance their careers and capabilities with access to our Advanced Manufacturing Technology & Innovation Center. This ever-changing laboratory space allows Ramboll engineers to utilize many new and growing technologies, such as Augmented and Virtual Reality (AR/VR), robotics, process simulation and 3D printing technologies to fuel our solution development and streamlining design innovations. Our engineers actively utilize this space and contribute to its growth and expansion.
- Engineering design, modeling and drafting for all stages of our engineering, procurement, construction, installation, and commissioning projects within our Advanced Manufacturing Operations division in Ramboll Energy.
- Development of process & instrumentation (P&ID) diagrams, general arrangement, assembly and detailed fabrication drawings.
- Development of component specifications and procurement support throughout project lifecycle.
- Collaboration across all parts of the business including sales, marketing, manufacturing, commissioning, and various technical disciplines.
- Support both consulting with clients and direct engineering support for manufacturing.
- Apply lean principles to continuous improvement projects and processes.
- Able to multi-task and set priorities based on project management direction.
- Develop and maintain project documents in accordance with standard processes i.e., engineering design deliverables, operations & maintenance manuals, testing and inspection reports, etc.
- Travel to vendor and client facilities, providing onsite engineering support throughout project lifecycle
- This position requires approximately 20% to 25% travel.
- B.S. or greater in mechanical, electro-mechanical, industrial, or chemical engineering disciplines. Years of experience may offset education requirements.
- 6+ years of experience with system design and operation, including but not limited to, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical systems.
- 6+ years of experience with design for manufacturing.
- 6+ years of experience with design and drafting for machining GD&T Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing.
- Proficient in use of engineering software including but not limited to:
- Parametric modeling software (Autodesk Inventor and Solidworks preferred)
- Data Management software (Autodesk Vault, Solidworks PDM preferred)
- CFD Simulation
Welcome to our Energy division
Ramboll is at the forefront of addressing the green transition and offers a holistic approach to energy that supports the sector on the journey towards more sustainable solutions. With 1,500 bright minds across 46 offices in 14 countries covering the full spectrum of technologies and all parts of the value chain from production through transmission and distribution, we plan, design and implement energy solutions all over the world.
Ramboll in Americas
Ramboll has nearly 2,000 experts working across 50 offices in the Americas applying their passion to deliver innovative solutions within Environment & Health, Water, Energy and Planning & Urban Design. Founded in Denmark, Ramboll is a people company. We invite you to contribute to a sustainable future working in an open, collaborative and empowering culture.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Location: Clay, NY
Job date: Fri, 17 Nov 2023 08:54:19 GMT
To apply for this job please visit jobviewtrack.com.