NYU Family Health Centers
Job title: MRI Technician/MRI Technologist – Full Time **On-Call Pay
Company: NYU Family Health Centers
Job description: NYU Langone Hospital – Brooklyn is a full-service teaching hospital and Level I trauma center located in Sunset Park, Brooklyn. The hospital is central to a comprehensive network of affiliated ambulatory and outpatient practices, and serves as NYU Langone Health’s anchor for healthcare access, growth, and delivery in the entire borough. At NYU Langone Health, equity, diversity, and inclusion are fundamental values. We strive to be a place where our exceptionally talented faculty, staff, and students of all identities can thrive. We embrace diversity, inclusion, and individual skills, ideas, and knowledge. Learn more about , and interact with us on , , , , , and .
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a MRI Technician/MRI Technologist – Full Time **On-Call Pay**.
In this role, the successful candidate operates radiological and MRI equipment to produce clinical diagnostic images as directed by physicians. Performs routine diagnostic procedures according to established policies and procedures. Performs all types of M.R.I. and M.R.A. exams efficiently and competently.
- Responsible for ensuring that all patients and visitors are screened prior to entering any of the four MRI safety Zones.
- Accepts direction from supervisor willingly.
- Maintains a clean and safe environment for the patient by setting up the exam room properly for the procedure.
- Demonstrates an awareness of self-responsibility and accountability for own professional practice.
- Performs examinations in an organized manner and logical sequence. Properly uses all measurement functions and review layouts and places initials on film. Can select and adjust the scanning protocols to meet specific patient needs and condition.
- Properly safeguards the patient before entering the scan room follows all safety policies and keeps the door closed at all times.
- Identifies his/her role to the patient. Explains procedure to the patient and answers questions relating to the procedure.
- Takes quality x-ray images of specified body areas/parts as ordered by the physician following established procedures and guidelines.
- Performs daily Q.A tests warm up procedures and calibrations
- Takes initiative and is proactive in resolving issues that are encountered in the Department.
- Keeps the MRI Department neat clean and properly stocked with the necessary supplies for the days work.
- Performs all documentation duties as required by the Department.
- Implements care in a knowledgeable skillful consistent and continuous manner always keeping the patients welfare the priority.
- Performs all MRI procedures quickly and competently choose exams from the work list properly label archive and store exams.
- Ensures the patients comfort and dignity during the procedure e.g. use of pillows table pad sheets blankets etc.
- Ensures the proper name and demographics of the patient appear on all images. Demonstrates an understanding and ability to use all coils and equipment related to M.R.I. exams and can insert the necessary delays during scanning.
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
- Properly interviews and screens the patient for any MRI contraindications prior to scanning, and utilizes the hand held metal detector when appropriate.
To qualify you:
- Must be a graduate of an accredited program in Radiological Technology.
- Must be competent in all basic radiological exams.
- Have a willingness to devote the time required completing the assigned tasks on schedule
- 2-5+ years experience preferred.
- Must have a New York State License and ARRT Certification in MRI or must meet MRI Certification within 1 year of employment.
Required Licenses: Radiologic Tech Lic – NYS, ARRT
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Hospital – Brooklyn provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you’ll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Hospital-Brooklyn is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Hospital- Brooklyn’s EEO policies, please . Please to view the Federal “EEO is the law” poster or visit for more information.
NYU Langone Health provides a salary range to comply with the New York state Law on Salary Transparency in Job Advertisements. The salary range for the role is $90,969.30 – $102,009.30 Annually. Actual salaries depend on a variety of factors, including experience, specialty, education, and hospital need. The salary range or contractual rate listed does not include bonuses/incentive, differential pay or other forms of compensation or benefits.
To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please
Expected salary: $90969.3 – 102009.3 per year
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Job date: Sun, 19 Nov 2023 23:49:42 GMT
To apply for this job please visit jobviewtrack.com.