Job title: Network Security Engineer
Job description: Metas Network Security team is seeking an experienced engineer to help secure our global Data Centers, Backbone, Optical Infrastructure, and PoP networks. We do this by working extensively across the Meta family of products, including Facebook, Messenger, Instagram, WhatsApp, and Oculus where we identify and solve security problems across network infrastructure. You will be setting direction and influencing engineering teams to develop security controls and services that will protect network infrastructure which helps serve traffic for over 3 billion users worldwide.We are looking for a candidate with a passion for security and innovation, who will research and develop new solutions to help protect our infrastructure and our users through a defense in-depth approach. Candidates should thrive on finding security issues and eradicating them as well as a desire to make life hard for bad actors. With focuses that range from large scale DDoS, routing security, security tool development, defense against internal and external attacks there s lots of room to push your skill set beyond simply protecting the network with firewalls.
Network Security Engineer Responsibilities:
- Identifying risks across network infrastructure that would lead to the exposure of sensitive data, unauthorized access, or loss of availability and prioritizing remediation efforts to address gaps.
- Influence security direction of network hardware, software and infrastructure to protect the network integrity of Meta platforms.
- Conceptualize and lead efforts towards building sustainable and scalable network layer security controls and tooling.
- Mentor and evangelize security practices through cross functional work with engineering teams throughout Meta.
- Keep Meta safe through active operation and defense of critical network infrastructure.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, relevant technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 10+ years of experience in offensive/defensive security, or systems engineering.
- Experience leading complex cross-functional programs.
- Experience with an interpreted or compiled programming language (Python, GO, C++, etc).
- Knowledge of network protocols (TCP/IP, computer networking, routing and switching), and Unix based systems.
- Experience researching, building and implementing defensive security controls which defend against internal and external attack vectors.
- Experience leveraging layered security models to defend critical network infrastructure.
- Experience evaluating and testing new vendor platforms and in house network initiatives for security issues.
- Expertise in understanding threat models to better protect against attacks or detect new vectors.
- Strong understanding of implementation and scaling of access controls across both host and network layers.
- Experience leading network efforts to investigate, prevent, and mitigate security incidents.
- Develop automation and utilize frameworks to scale both protection and mitigation tools beyond doing everything manually or repetitively (ex. I process/make firewall changes, vs. I built or used a system to scale and make multiple changes).
Meta builds technologies that help people connect, find communities, and grow businesses. When Facebook launched in 2004, it changed the way people connect. Apps like Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp further empowered billions around the world. Now, Meta is moving beyond 2D screens toward immersive experiences like augmented and virtual reality to help build the next evolution in social technology. People who choose to build their careers by building with us at Meta help shape a future that will take us beyond what digital connection makes possible today-beyond the constraints of screens, the limits of distance, and even the rules of physics.
Meta is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Meta participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law. Please note that Meta may leverage artificial intelligence and machine learning technologies in connection with applications for employment.
Meta is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at .
Location: New York City, NY
Job date: Tue, 31 Oct 2023 08:52:54 GMT
To apply for this job please visit jobviewtrack.com.