Cayuga Medical Center
Job title: Nursing Assistant – 4 South Full Time Nights
Company: Cayuga Medical Center
Job description: Nursing Assistant Job Description
We will deliver the highest quality health care in partnership with our community, one person at a time.
Department: 4 South
Job Title: Nursing Assistant
Reports To: Unit Manager
The nursing assistant is a key member of the patient care team. The nursing assistant is responsible for working closely with the nurse to provide excellent direct patient care. This person supports activities of daily living (ADL’s) with patients and prevents complications. Strong interpersonal and excellent communication skills are required as well as being able to interact with people from a variety of cultures and socioeconomic backgrounds. Previous patient care experience is a plus.
Job Responsibilities: * Communicating in a clear and respectful fashion with both patients and teammates with every encounter. Representing CMC with the highest level of customer service. Acting as a resource for the interdisciplinary team.
- Reporting abnormal findings or changes in physical, mental, and emotional conditions of the patient to RN. Examples include changes in vital signs, ADL’s, patient ambulation and/or transfers, and daily weights.
- Obtaining and reporting vital signs as scheduled and prn in a timely manner.
- Monitoring and recording intake and output of fluids and patient weights.
- Assisting patients with all aspects of personal care (including bowel and bladder care).
- Ambulating and repositioning patients as scheduled or prn to prevent the complications of immobility.
- Reinforcing education with patients; i.e. incentive spirometer use, fall prevention.
- Assisting patients with maintaining a clean and organized bedside area to ensure a safe workspace that is conducive to healing.
- Remaining flexible in assisting both patients and teammates as needed.
- Intentionally rounding on each patient every hour to ensure the above responsibilities are complete and patient needs are met.
- Education: ≥18 years of age, GED or high school diploma.
- Experience: Previous patient care experience is a plus.
- Licensure: Not required.
- Certification: BLS, provided if needed.
- Physical Requirements: Repetitive use of hands and fingers (e.g., Use of computer keyboard); may require lifting and carrying light loads (up to 40 lbs), including boxes, equipment, IV solutions and stooping and kneeling (e.g., to pick up items from the floor, to remove and replace items on lower shelves and to file documents in lower file drawers); sitting, walking, or standing for long periods of time may be necessary; must be able physically to operate the equipment used for the job.
Cayuga Health System Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Cayuga Health System commits to treat all people with dignity so that everyone who comes to us is safe, cared for, and respected. We will support the growth of our employees and the health of our community by embracing the rich diversity of social and cultural identities, needs, and life circumstances of all people. We strive to recognize and overcome personal biases and systemic policies that marginalize others and contribute to disparities in healthcare access, equitable care, and good health outcomes.
Cayuga Health is dedicated to our vision for diversity, equity, and inclusion. As we strive towards our vision, we welcome the opportunity to work alongside a diverse range of employees.
Expected salary: $18.53 per hour
Location: Ithaca, NY
Job date: Fri, 17 Nov 2023 08:58:43 GMT
To apply for this job please visit jobviewtrack.com.