Stony Brook Medicine
Job title: Nursing Station Clerk/NSC Trainee – 8w3/9w2 Full Time Evening Shift
Company: Stony Brook Medicine
Job description: Position Summary
Nursing Station Clerks 1 are assigned to either inpatient or outpatient units where there is daily contact with patients. This team member greets visitors and direct them to appropriate locations; answer telephones; perform data entry activities; maintain daily and clinical logs; prepare, update, and maintain patient charts and files; fill out medication tickets and pharmacy requisitions; mail patient letters; and deliver supplies and records to an assigned unit. Qualified candidates will demonstrate excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills, knowledge and understanding of patient care and effectively respond to changing patient needs by making decisions based on ethical principles and adhering to our high standard of excellence.
Duties of a Nursing Station Clerk may include the following but are not limited to:
- Orient patient and/or family to unit, providing general information regarding the room, unit and hospital and serve as a contact person to patients and families.
- Give information on patient condition within existing policies, and direct visitors to the appropriate locations.
- Process physicians’ orders by recording written orders in charts, kardex, flag sheets, or directly into a computer file after review by a Registered Nurse; and by filling out medication tickets and pharmacy requisitions.
- Receive new admissions.
- Prepare and maintain patient charts, daily log and clinic log.
One year of full-time clerical (in a health care setting), secretarial (in a health care setting), or patient care experience.
55b/c Appointment: This position is eligible for 55b/c designation and are subject to verification of applicant eligibility. Candidates must possess the minimum qualifications and a current 55b/c eligibility letter.
Section 70.1 Transfer: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive service in a title approved for transfer to Nursing Station Clerk 1.
This position may be designated 55 b/c and is subject to verification of applicant eligibility.
This position is part of the HELP Program.
The HELP program temporarily removes the civil service exam requirement for direct care, health and safety titles.
For the duration of the HELP program this title will be filled via non-competitive appointment, which means examinations are not required, but all candidates must meet the minimum qualifications of the titles for which they apply. At the end of the HELP program, employees that were hired into positions under the HELP program will be then transferred into the competitive class. For more information please visit:
Special Notes: Resume/CV should be included with the online application.
Posting Overview: This position will remain posted until filled or for a maximum of 90 days. An initial review of all applicants will occur two weeks from the posting date. Candidates are advised on the application that for full consideration, applications must be received before the initial review date (which is within two weeks of the posting date).
If within the initial review no candidate was selected to fill the position posted, additional applications will be considered for the posted position; however, the posting will close once a finalist is identified, and at minimal, two weeks after the initial posting date. Please note, that if no candidate were identified and hired within 90 days from initial posting, the posting would close for review, and possibly reposted at a later date.
- Stony Brook Medicine is a smoke free environment. Smoking is strictly prohibited anywhere on campus, including parking lots and outdoor areas on the premises.
- All Hospital positions maybe subject to changes in pass days and shifts as necessary.
- This position may require the wearing of respiratory protection, which may prohibit the wearing of facial hair.
- This function/position maybe designated as “essential.” This means that when the Hospital is faced with an institutional emergency, employees in such positions may be required to remain at their work location or to report to work to protect, recover, and continue operations at Stony Brook Medicine, Stony Brook University Hospital and related facilities.
Prior to start date, the selected candidate must meet the following requirements:
- Successfully complete pre-employment physical examination and obtain medical clearance from Stony Brook Medicine’s Employee Health Services*
- Complete electronic reference check with a minimum of three (3) professional references.
- Successfully complete a 4 panel drug screen*
- Meet Regulatory Requirements for pre employment screenings.
- Provide a copy of any required New York State license(s)/certificate(s).
Failure to comply with any of the above requirements could result in a delayed start date and/or revocation of the employment offer.
*The hiring department will be responsible for any fee incurred for examination.
Stony Brook University is committed to excellence in diversity and the creation of an inclusive learning, and working environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status and all other protected classes under federal or state laws.
If you need a disability-related accommodation, please call the University Office of Equity and Access at (631)632-6280.
In accordance with the Title II Crime Awareness and Security Act a copy of our crime statistics can be viewed .
Visit our page to learn about the total rewards we offer.
Anticipated Pay Range:
The starting salary range (or hiring range) for this position has been established as – $34,152 – $36,040
The above salary range (or hiring range) represents SBUH’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.
In addition, all full-time CSEA positions have an additional $3,087
Full-time evening or night shift positions also receive $575 for positions. Please visit these links to learn more.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number in your paycheck. SBUH provides generous leave, health plans, and state pension that add to your bottom line.
Expected salary: $34152 – 36040 per year
Location: Stony Brook, NY
Job date: Sat, 18 Nov 2023 08:58:30 GMT
To apply for this job please visit jobviewtrack.com.