NYU Langone Health
Job title: Per Diem Nurse Educator – Renal Services
Company: NYU Langone Health
Job description: NYU Langone Hospital-Long Island is a 591-bed university-affiliated medical center, which offers sophisticated diagnostic and therapeutic care in virtually every specialty and subspecialty of medicine and surgery. We are a major regional healthcare resource with a deep commitment to medical education and research, offering a full complement of inpatient and outpatient services. At NYU Langone Health, equity, diversity, and inclusion are fundamental values. We strive to be a place where our exceptionally talented faculty, staff, and students of all identities can thrive. We embrace diversity, inclusion, and individual skills, ideas, and knowledge. For more information, go to , and interact with us on and .
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Per Diem Nurse Educator – Renal Services.
In this role, the successful candidate Plans, coordinates, implements and evaluates educational programs for the Nephrology Network. Responsible for providing guidance and assistance related to patient care practices that will maintain and enhance skills for all levels of staff. Develops programs and resources to enhance the delivery of patient care in accordance with established standards. Implements quality measures /strategies to provide safe and competent care to all renal patients.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Assists with the development, implementation and evaluation of educational programs that will orient and train new staff and augment the staff’s ability to provide care to all renal patients.
- Assist in the formulation of plans, guidelines and policies to insure adherence to the latest standards in renal care throughout the Winthrop Nephrology Network.
- Provides counselling, tutorials and quality improvement activities in collaboration with the department managers.
- Actively works with department managers and staff to prepare for Regulatory Agency surveys, and assists with assessment of staff competency.
- Assists in the development and ongoing review of policies and procedures for renal care in accordance with the strategic goals of the Nephrology Network.
- Collaborates with the Renal Services Education team to create, organize and implement Medical Education (ME) Day for all levels of Renal Services clinical staff.
- Assesses staff needs and plans activities to promote professional growth, and critical thinking skills. Organizes and delivers mandated educational programs to maintain the department’s IPRO N.Y. State End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) Network 5 Diamond Patient Safety status.
To qualify you must have a Bachelors Degree Nursing. Current and valid New York State Registered Professional Nurse license. Certified Nephrology Nurse ANCC. 3-5 years Nephrology Nurse. Excellent communication (both written and oral), detail orientation, critical thinking, customer service, organization, and multitasking skills. Intermediate computer skills including MS Office, Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Master s Degree Nursing or Education. 1-2 years As an educator/ instructor.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Hospital-Long Island provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you’ll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Hospital-Long Island is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Hospital-Long Island’s EEO policies, please . Please to view the Federal “EEO is the law” poster or visit for more information.
NYU Langone Health provides a salary range to comply with the New York state Law on Salary Transparency in Job Advertisements. The salary range for the role is $62.00 – $62.00 Hourly. Actual salaries depend on a variety of factors, including experience, specialty, education, and hospital need. The salary range or contractual rate listed does not include bonuses/incentive, differential pay or other forms of compensation or benefits.
To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please
Expected salary: $62 per hour
Location: Mineola, NY
Job date: Sun, 19 Nov 2023 06:58:55 GMT
To apply for this job please visit jobviewtrack.com.