Job title: Propulsion Performance Engineer
Job description: Job Description Summary We are seeking a skilled Propulsion Performance Engineer to lead our design activities from the conceptual stages through to the creation of manufacturable components. The ideal candidate will be proficient in 3D CAD and adhere strictly to fundamental engineering principles. You will conduct a range of analyses, from basic 1D calculations to complex Finite Element Analysis (FEA), to evaluate the structural, thermal, and fluidic behaviors of systems and components. Additionally, you will be responsible for preparing precise engineering drawings that will be utilized to fabricate prototypes or finalize components.
In this role you will:
- Lead design activities from proof-of-concept to final manufacturable component
- Design using 3D CAD and follow fundamental engineering principles
- Perform analyses ranging from 1D calculations to Finite Element Analysis (FEA) simulations to understand structural, thermal, and/or fluidic behavior of systems/components
- Prepare engineering drawings to manufacture prototypes or components
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree in engineering from an accredited institution.
- Have a minimum of 8-10 years of professional experience, with proven leadership capabilities.
- Demonstrated ability to obtain a SECRET clearance.
- Active Top Secret Clearance
- Experience on flight vehicle design
- Have strong working experience using Siemens NX (Unigraphics) and Teamcenter
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment
- Experience preparing engineering bills of materials
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Familiar with Microsoft Office products
- CAD Software expert (NX, Creo, Solidworks, etc.)
- Strong Leadership skills
The base pay range for this position is $87,300.00 – $145,500.00 Annual. The specific pay offered may be influenced by a variety of factors, including the candidate’s experience, education, and skill set. This position is also eligible for an annual discretionary bonus based on a percentage of your base salary/commission based on the plan. This posting is expected to close on 11/30/23.
Healthcare benefits include medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug coverage; access to a Health Coach, a 24/7 nurse-based resource; and access to the Employee Assistance Program, providing 24/7 confidential assessment, counseling and referral services. Retirement benefits include the GE Retirement Savings Plan, a tax-advantaged 401(k) savings opportunity with company matching contributions and company retirement contributions, as well as access to Fidelity resources and planning consultants. Other benefits include tuition assistance, adoption assistance, paid parental leave, disability insurance, life insurance, and paid time-off for vacation or illness.
General Electric Company, Ropcor, Inc., their successors, and in some cases their affiliates, each sponsor certain employee benefit plans or programs (i.e., is a “Sponsor”). Each Sponsor reserves the right to terminate, amend, suspend, replace, or modify its benefit plans and programs at any time and for any reason, in its sole discretion. No individual has a vested right to any benefit under a Sponsor’s welfare benefit plan or program. This document does not create a contract of employment with any individual.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
Expected salary: $87300 – 145500 per year
Location: Bohemia, NY
Job date: Tue, 21 Nov 2023 08:45:54 GMT
To apply for this job please visit jobviewtrack.com.