Job title: Senior Accountant, Technical Accounting and SEC Reporting
Job description: We are Outbrain.
We’re one of the world’s largest content recommendation platforms, delighting audiences with engaging, personalized content recommendations while serving as the primary engagement partner and platform for the world’s top digital media companies.
We are looking for a Senior Accountant, Technical Accounting and SEC Reporting who is resourceful, bright, proactive, a go-getter, works well independently and as part of a team, and who will be passionate about what they do. The successful candidate will thrive in the fast-paced environment of a rapidly growing digital organization and will report to the Manager, Technical Accounting and SEC Reporting.
Day in the life:
- Assist with the preparation of financial statements, footnote disclosures, and the MD&A for Outbrain’s quarterly and annual filings with the SEC on Forms 10-Q and 10-K
- Assist with research and documentation of technical accounting and SEC reporting to ensure compliance with US GAAP and SEC reporting requirements
- Manage the lease accounting process under ASC 842, including preparing the lease schedule, reviewing and documenting lease contracts for technical accounting implications, and participating/leading cross-functional stakeholder discussions
- Participate in the global accounting close / operations such as preparing journal entries and supporting documentation for technical accounting areas (such as leases)
- Assist with the documentation and maintenance of Sarbanes-Oxley (“SOX”) controls for financial statement close and financial reporting processes
- Maintain, update and enforce accounting policies (and supporting documentation) with all subsidiaries globally
- Collaborate with key stakeholders (such as FP&A, Legal, and R&D) including providing training and education as needed
- Provide guidance and fulfill requests from finance stakeholders as needed
- Ad hoc tasks and/or special projects on an as-needed basis
What you’ll bring:
- BA/BS degree in Accounting
- Minimum of 4+ years of related experience with at least 2 years of public accounting experience
- Knowledge and application of US GAAP and SEC regulations
- Experience / exposure to GL / ERP required, NetSuite experience a plus
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office products
- Self-starter with strong analytical and problem0solving ability who is proactive, resourceful and has a can-do attitude
- Experience working on/at US GAAP multi-national public companies
- Experience doing technical accounting research, assessing complex accounting issues and building robust support / documentation
- Demonstrated history of solving multiple and complex challenges and working collaboratively across different teams and functions
- Detail-oriented with strong interpersonal written and oral communication skills
- Effective time management skills and ability to juggle multiple priorities / deadlines
- CPA (or equivalent) designation a plus
- Experience in technology and/or internet advertising industries
- Operational accounting experience in applying complex technical accounting experience practically
More than snacks!
- Brand new NYC office in the Flatiron district with a flexible hybrid working model (3 days a week in office)
- Generous Vacation package and unlimited sick days
- Become part of our success with our equity program
- Phone bill reimbursement
- World class healthcare options, 5 plan offerings with an option that is covered by Outbrain above benchmark (Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life insurance, 401K Plan with Matching)
- Expand your toolbox with our mentorship program and internal learning tools
- Happy hours…and of course a fully stocked kitchen with multiple coffee options!
We Recommend #LifeAtOutbrain
Our company culture is welcoming, dynamic, diverse, global, and built on top performance.
Did you know “trust” is one of our core values? We apply this value to our day-to-day by working collaboratively on a global scale. With managers and teammates often sitting in other countries and time zones, we value communication, patience, and open-mindedness to all cultural backgrounds. We encourage all ideas, and everyone gets a seat at the table!
Our team is made up of individuals who are approachable, resourceful, passionate, and proactive. We foster a sense of belonging through our Employee Resource Groups -employee-led groups in which we debate topics and drive change. From OB Green (environmental), OB WE (women empowerment), OB Good (charitable initiatives) to OB4E (diversity, equity, and inclusion), you’ll be able to share your passions with likeminded people.
Dive into the Outbrain experience via our !
Hungry for more? Have a closer look at #LifeAtOutbrain exploring our , , and social media channels , and .
Resume: One-page (single-sided) resume summarizing candidate’s work experience, education, and any other skills/licenses
The annual base pay range for this position is $105,000.00-$115,000.00. The actual amount offered may be higher or lower, based on non-discriminatory factors such as experience, job-related knowledge, skills, and abilities. In addition to salary, you may be eligible for an equity package, as well as our competitive benefits and perks to support you and your family as part of Outbrain’s total rewards package.
Expected salary: $105000 – 115000 per year
Location: New York City, NY
Job date: Sat, 18 Nov 2023 08:19:35 GMT
To apply for this job please visit jobviewtrack.com.