Larson Design Group
Job title: Senior Architectural Technician
Company: Larson Design Group
Job description: About Us
Larson Design Group (LDG) is an award-winning, employee-owned Architecture, Engineering, and Consulting Firm. Guided by our core values, we’re expanding our team, opening new offices, and adding new offerings to provide responsive, innovative solutions to clients nationwide.
Being 100% employee-owned directly impacts our culture: it drives our decision-making, motivates our teams, increases our productivity, improves retention, and contributes to the future success of our company. Our culture is one where we work hard for our clients and for each other – and we have fun collaborating, sharing experience and expertise, and learning along the way. We’re passionate about delivering exceptional quality, elevating client relationships, enriching the careers and lives of our employee owners, and enhancing the communities where we live and serve.
At LDG, we strive to create an organization where people want to work. We offer a flexible work environment, paid training for required licensures, competitive benefits, bonus plans, and a company-funded Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) while supporting your professional and personal growth.
Your Opportunity + Impact:
The Senior Architectural Technician is a drafting position that has demonstrated through experience technical proficiency. Assists architectural staff in designing and compiling drawings and permit packages. Advanced knowledge of AutoCAD, REVIT, and other software/drafting programs relevant to their discipline (Sketch-up, Photoshop, etc.). This position will also independently prepare and complete simple to complex plan sets and drawings with limited guidance.
- Prepares complex drawings, drawing sets, and other tasks as assigned in an accurate and neat manner by utilizing AutoCAD/REVIT and/or other related software.
- Self-checks all work performed to ensure accuracy prior to turning it over to the supervisor or designee assigned to review work. Makes corrections to work from red lines provided by the supervisor or designee assigned.
- Maintains appropriate documentation and records of construction activities on all assigned projects.
- Performs building surveys and related field work as assigned.
- Assists with submittals, contract documentations, RFI’s, meeting minutes, pay applications, etc. within required time frames and man-hour budgets.
- Prepares files for clients, performs site visits for observation and meetings as required.
- Assists with review of shop drawings and working drawing submissions from contractors.
- Assists with quantity calculations, technical specifications, and prepares cost estimates.
- Education: Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Based Drafting or similar technical degree preferred.
- Experience: Four (4) + years’ experience, with another A/E/S firm preferred.
- Licensure: n/a
- Must participate in training opportunities to stay current in industry trends and advance technical abilities.
- Required use of 3D modeling and Rendering skills for assigned projects.
- Must be able to understand and manipulate client specific prototypes for given projects.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to work both independently and as a team member to complete assigned tasks in a timely and positive manner.
- Must be open minded, a proven technical problem solver, and willing to learn new methods and technologies.
Larson Design Group, Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO) that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization.
Powered by JazzHR
Location: Corning, NY
Job date: Sat, 18 Nov 2023 08:48:50 GMT
To apply for this job please visit jobviewtrack.com.