Stony Brook Medicine
Job title: Senior Research Scientist
Company: Stony Brook Medicine
Job description: Required Qualification: (as evidenced by an attached resume)
Doctoral degree (or foreign equivalent) in Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, or a closely related field. Five years of full time research experience in computation science to include at least three years of research experience following attainment of a doctoral degree or foreign equivalent. Highly specialized research experience in exa-scale parallelism using advanced programming models, numerical computation such as large-scale linear algebra or scientific/engineering applications, contributing to open-source software.
Experience in programming accelerators such as NVIDIA or AMD GPUs. Demonstrated expertise (e.g., with authored software, either provided or publicly accessible) in modern C or C++. Experience leading open-source software projects or communities.
Stony Brook University has a Research Scientist position in the . The incumbent will execute research and development in computational and computer science with a focus on high-performance computing and will ensure that all research protocols follow the policies and procedures of Stony Brook University.
● Develop and design research experiments in the field of computational science. Conduct research experiments utilizing specialized techniques, applying theories, concepts, and principles in the field of high-performance computing.
● Supervise, plan, organize and evaluate the activities of others including postdoctoral associates, research support positions and graduate assistants. Will provide training on specific specialized skills and research methods and is responsible for accomplishing research objectives.
● Prepare reports; apply for grants, to include writing proposals for the research projects, identifying funding sources, and training opportunities.
● Prepare manuscripts for publications in peer reviewed and/or scientific journals.
● Other duties as assigned.
The Research Foundation of SUNY is a private educational corporation. Employment is subject to the Research Foundation policies and procedures, sponsor guidelines and the availability of funding. FLSA Exempt position, not eligible for the overtime provisions of the FLSA. Minimum salary threshold must be met to maintain FLSA exemption.
Resume/CV and cover letter should be included with the online application.
Stony Brook University is committed to excellence in diversity and the creation of an inclusive learning, and working environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status and all other protected classes under federal or state laws.
If you need a disability-related accommodation, please call the university Office of Equity and Access (OEA) at (631) 632-6280 or visit .
In accordance with the Title II Crime Awareness and Security Act a copy of our crime statistics can be viewed .
Visit our page to learn about the total rewards we offer.
The starting salary range (or hiring range) to be offered for this position is noted below, it represents SBU’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.
Location: Stony Brook, NY
Job date: Sat, 18 Nov 2023 08:47:08 GMT
To apply for this job please visit jobviewtrack.com.