Buffalo Creek Academy Charter School
Job title: Special Education Teacher
Company: Buffalo Creek Academy Charter School
Job description: Now Hiring! Special Education Teacher
Schedule M-F 6:45 am to 2:45 pm
Location: Buffalo, NY 14204.
Compensation: $49,000 a year.
At Buffalo Creek Academy, we are seeking a dynamic, talented, and goal-oriented professional to join us as a Special Education Teacher. In this position you will be responsible for teaching Resource Room for groups of up to 5 students and providing Consultant Teacher supports in General Education classes alongside General Education teachers in a direct/indirect capacity. Additionally, you will communicate with parents and support staff regarding any important matters that might impede a student’s progress and will be responsible for retrieving, maintaining, and disseminating data to support the students’ individual education plan needs.
Ultimately, your role is to guide and inspire children to achieve critical learning milestones.
What’s In It for You:
- Health, dental and visual insurance.
- 403 (b) retirement plan.
- New York State Teacher Retirement System.
What You’ll Do:
- Assess students’ abilities and craft tailored teaching plans.
- Adapt learning materials to suit students’ needs.
- Track and reflect on students’ progress.
- Monitor children’s behavioral patterns and implement appropriate interventions when needed.
- Identify engaging activities to teach skills.
- Manage classroom crises and resolve conflicts.
- Inform parents about their children’s performance and potential challenges.
- Mentor other professionals working with children with disabilities.
- Collaborate with support staff (e.g., school counselors and speech therapists) to develop a holistic intervention plan.
All previous functions must be performed in accordance with professional standards, state regulations, and district policies.
What You’ll Need:
- Valid state-issued special education certification.
- Proven experience as a Special Education Teacher or in a relevant role.
- Experience working with children across a range of disabilities, coupled with a strong knowledge of current special education topics and methodologies.
- An adaptable disposition with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- College Transcripts.
Who we are: Buffalo Creek Academy is a public charter middle school located in Buffalo, NY. At Buffalo Creek Academy, our motto is “Sharpen the Mind, Carve the Path.” We believe that our mission transcends any individual effort, and only through teamwork can we truly sharpen the minds of each student and equip them with the LIFE values needed to carve their paths!
Visit our website at
Expected salary: $49000 per year
Location: Buffalo, NY
Job date: Mon, 20 Nov 2023 04:40:16 GMT
To apply for this job please visit jobviewtrack.com.