Job title: Sr. Manager, News & Live Events
Job description: Company Description
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. Our initiatives, coupled with our work, is informed by our employees, audiences, park guests and the communities in which we live. We strive to foster a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. Together, we’ll continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world.
At Peacock, we know life is complicated but believe entertainment shouldn’t be. We envision a more human streaming experience that embraces the entertainment you love. Backed by 100+ years of NBCUniversal legacy, we know how to entertain. We combine this legacy with an insatiable itch for innovation, embracing the data and technologies that challenge the status quo. Our team is never done obsessing over how best to deliver excellence across television, film, sports, news, and more.
This ambition is a group effort. As challengers at heart, our secret weapon is our talented team of big thinkers, data-driven drivers of growth and innovation. We start by putting people first, embracing empathy and compassion to create a more dynamic, more fulfilling workplace and a better, more enjoyable product. As a company, we embrace the power of transparency and inclusion. We know the best idea can come from anywhere, so we’re committed to creating an organization where we act as one and put ego aside. We are determined to forge the next frontier of streaming through trust, teamwork, and talent.
The Program Planning team is seeking a news and pop culture enthusiast to help identify, advocate for, and manage news content and live entertainment events on Peacock. The candidate will have a background in presenting live content on platforms — and be energized equally by a breaking news Special Report or the New Year’s Eve countdown on Peacock.
As a part of the Peacock Program Planning team, the Senior Manager for News and Live Events will play a key role in planning and execution. You will partner closely with Content Strategy, Production, Marketing, Editorial, Content Operations, and partners across NBC Entertainment, NBC News, MSNBC, CNBC, Local, Sky News, E!, Bravo and Telemundo to ensure the best-in-class experience for viewers.
- Maintain a highly-dynamic calendar for daily incoming news assets and live entertainment events, accurately capturing incoming updates from partners as well as proactively pursuing desired content
- Project manage priority initiatives, including the 2024 Election cycle, with Peacock and NBCU stakeholders
- Quickly respond to breaking news events, activating cross-functional teams with short notice
- Use strong judgment to balance multiple operational/legal/editorial considerations when prioritizing content efforts
- Partner with various teams to align process, workflow, and promotion to maximize efficiency and performance on Peacock
- Collect relevant performance data and insights for Planning team and leadership, to drive optimization and informed decision-making
- Present content plans to internal teams and in large group settings, as requested
- Support VP in content evaluation, strategic planning and partner communications, including deck preparation as needed
- Contribute to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work culture at Peacock
- 4+ years of background in dynamic production environments- specifically newsrooms or control rooms
- Agility in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines, continuously communicating with leadership and cross-functional teams
- Experience building creative tactics to hit aggressive performance and business targets
- Ability to synthesize actionable insights from multiple data sources
- Strong communication and presentation skills, with an ability to build clear narratives in Microsoft Powerpoint
- Avid customer of SVOD entertainment and news services, familiar with DTC business model
- Self-starter with strong attention to detail, work ethic, sense of curiosity, accountability, and ability to execute projects of all sizes with vision and purpose
- Flexibility to contribute to ad hoc projects in other areas, when necessary
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to motivate, collaborate & influence
- Voracious consumer of content and appreciation for current events and pop culture
- Familiarity with content management systems, metadata and various video workflows a plus
- Champion a “test-and-learn” approach
- Understand consumers: their passions, media habits and on-product behavior
Hybrid: This position has been designated as hybrid, generally contributing from the office a minimum of three days per week.
This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the of the Careers website.
Salary Range: $95,000 – $125,000 (bonus eligible)
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by emailing .
Expected salary: $95000 – 125000 per year
Location: New York City, NY
Job date: Mon, 20 Nov 2023 06:36:03 GMT
To apply for this job please visit jobviewtrack.com.