Job title: Sr. Manufacturing Test Engineer / LabVIEW & C#
Job description: This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You’ll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter’s products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives— where your purpose accelerates our mission.
Your role at Baxter
This is where your expertise helps people
In this role, the Sr. Manufacturing Test Engineer will be responsible for the development of creative new solutions and improvements to existing designs of test equipment and tools for medical devices produced by Baxter’s Front Line Care business. You will be a highly versatile hands-on engineer able to design, construct, test, troubleshoot and document.
This role will be on-site at Baxter in Skaneateles Falls, NY with remote work as determined by project priorities.
We are a team of inquisitive individuals who embrace a collaborative environment to take on sophisticated challenges that meet the needs of our patients. We often need to change directions and respond to issues to avoid disruptions in our fast-paced manufacturing environment. Together, we build and maintain a positive work environment.
When you join us, you will work with a team of committed individuals who trust each other to deliver on the tasks at hand. We support innovation and out-of-the-box thinking balanced with collaboration across functions and other teams. Our leadership understands the need for continuous education and provides opportunities for further development.
What you’ll be doing
- Design, develop, fabricate, and deploy Automated Test Equipment (ATE) and tools for use in the production of Medical Devices and sub-assemblies.
- Determine ATE architecture including hardware and software. Program software and PLC’s using C#, LabVIEW, TestStand and other languages, as required.
- Generate and communicate schedules and project plans.
- Work with R&D product engineers to define requirements and with manufacturing to determine manufacturing needs.
- Work with manufacturing during deployment and production to assess equipment robustness and implement changes for continuous improvement.
- Develop requirements, create design documentation, and perform code reviews, unit tests, software, and system validation.
What you’ll bring
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or physics.
- 5+ years of experience in an engineering role, preferably with experience in PC based applications with measurement automation and manufacturing test.
- Experience using instrumentation like oscilloscopes, DMM’s, power supplies and signal generators.
- Experience with communications busses like UART / Serial, GPIB, USB and Ethernet / TCP
- Good software architecture, design, and implementation skills.
- Strong Object-Oriented development and design knowledge and experience.
Technical Skills and Tools
- Programming: C#, Visual Basic, .NET, Visual Studio, TFS, Azure DevOps.
- National Instruments LabVIEW & TestStand.
- C++ and embedded software development is a plus.
- Knowledge of Windows operating systems usage and configuration.
- Knowledge of SQL database scripting and communication is desired.
- Test and measurement instrumentation, data acquisition and digital I/O.
- Experience with PLC’s is preferred.
- Software and electronic test and troubleshooting using typical lab equipment.
We understand compensation is an important factor as you consider the next step in your career. At Baxter, we are committed to equitable pay for all employees, and we strive to be more transparent with our pay practices. The estimated base salary for this position is $96,000 – $132,000 annually. The estimated range is meant to reflect an anticipated salary range for the position. We may pay more or less than of the anticipated range based upon market data and other factors, all of which are subject to change. Individual pay is based on upon location, skills and expertise, experience, and other relevant factors. This position may also be eligible for discretionary bonuses. For questions about this, our pay philosophy, and available benefits, please speak to the recruiter if you decide to apply and are selected for an interview.
Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the U.S. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment visa at this time.
The successful candidate for this job may be required to verify that he or she has been vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to reasonable accommodations for individuals with medical conditions or religious beliefs that prevent vaccination, and in accordance with applicable law.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities globally. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please click on the here and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our . 100245
Expected salary: $96000 – 132000 per year
Location: Skaneateles Falls, NY
Job date: Tue, 31 Oct 2023 08:22:51 GMT
To apply for this job please visit jobviewtrack.com.