Janie and Jack
Job title: Store Manager
Company: Janie and Jack
Job description: General Manager – Janie and Jack
Janie and Jack is looking for an inspired General Manager to lead the store team! We know our General Managers are a big part of our success; they are passionate about creating and delivering an unrivaled customer-centric experience for their customers. Devoted to owning the business as if it were their own, General Managers build outstanding teams to meet/exceed financial and business goals. They are a champion of the business and lead confidently to drive exceptional results.
What You Do:
- Trains educates and role models brand selling behaviors, monitoring, and coaching staff to improve selling opportunities
- Is the master in product knowledge and shares expert knowledge with the team
- Motivates and inspires the team to achieve/exceed hourly, daily, and weekly business goals through in-store and omnichannel selling
- Demonstrates ownership of complex business operations and is accountable
- Creates and implements visual and merchandising strategies to increase sales; understands floor capacity and store layout
- Utilizes tools, resources, and information to drive results and enhance the customer experience
- Thrives in change and uncertainty, and generates ideas to evolve and grow the business
- Celebrates team progress and encourages others to exceed
- Anticipates talent needs based on business plans; network, source, hire, and retain amazing people
- Consistently hold people accountable and uphold standards to achieve results
What You’ll Bring:
- 4+ years of management experience in specialty retail and/or multi-unit retail business (preferred)
- Experienced leadership with demonstrated experience in meeting/exceeding sales and profits
- Experience working with children (preferred)
- Proven ability to identify top talent, build a team, and train/develop/retain people
- Experience creating merchandising strategies and implementing visual changes to achieve business results
- Outstanding communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic company
- Availability to work when needed, including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Be at least 18 years old
Why You’ll Love Working with Us:
- The Product—is so good, and you’re able to use your employee discount on all of it!
- The People—ask anyone who works here…we have incredible people on our team!
- The Experience—you’ll enjoy a rewarding career at a respected global children’s brand!
- The Benefits—a generous employee discount that you can use on all in-store merchandise!
- Competitive Paid Time Off plan*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching*
- Employee stock purchase plan*
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance*
- Employee Assistance Program with resources like financial and legal assistance, childcare and elderly care, emotional work/life counseling, health and wellness resources, travel assistance
*For eligible employees
Health and safety are our top priorities and we are committed to evolving our health and safety practices to keep our teams, customer, and communities at the core of every decision we make. We’re taking care by requiring employees to wear in our stores and asking our customers to do the same where mandated. In addition, our stores have health guards at checkout, increased cleaning and sanitation efforts, and physical distancing guides. We’ve also implemented health screenings and require all employees to do a health check at the start of each shift.
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It’s not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities, and qualifications for this job. Janie and Jack, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status.
Actual starting pay for this role is determined by a wide array of factors including but not limited to qualifications, experience, relevant skills, education, and geographic location. Employees are offered a variety of benefits to empower them with the resources and flexibility they need to enjoy success on the job and to live a healthy life. Full-time employees are eligible for medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, health and dependent care FSA, life/ad&d insurance, short term and long term disability, commuter benefits, pet benefits, tuition reimbursement, paid time off and 401(k) including matching. All employees are eligible for employee discounts and EAP Resources. Store Leads, Assistant Managers, General Managers and District Managers are eligible for the quarterly bonus program.
Compensation details: 26-42 Hourly Wage
Expected salary: $26 – 42 per hour
Location: New York City, NY
Job date: Mon, 20 Nov 2023 08:50:44 GMT
To apply for this job please visit jobviewtrack.com.