NYU Langone Health
Job title: Woodhull – Physician Assistant
Company: NYU Langone Health
Job description: is one of the nation’s top-ranked medical schools. For 175 years, NYU Grossman School of Medicine has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history and enrich the lives of countless people. An integral part of , the Grossman School of Medicine at its core is committed to improving the human condition through medical education, scientific research, and direct patient care. At NYU Langone Health, equity, diversity, and inclusion are fundamental values. We strive to be a place where our exceptionally talented faculty, staff, and students of all identities can thrive. We embrace diversity, inclusion, and individual skills, ideas, and knowledge. For more information, go to , and interact with us on , , , , and .
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Woodhull – Physician Assistant.
In this role, the successful candidate Under the supervision of an assigned Attending Physician, perform diagnostic and therapeutic tasks and renders varied medical services to provide comprehensive patient care at NYU Langone- Woodhull
- Elicit detailed and accurate history and perform appropriate physical examinations on inpatients and outpatient.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Performs BLS and ACLS procedures in the presence of life threatening situations such as cardiac and /or respiratory distress when a Physician is unavailable and with Physician when appropriate.
- Assists the supervisor Physician and back up Physicians on any other procedures falling within the scope of practice of that Physician.
- Instructs and counsels the patient and his or her family about preventative care, medical problems, prescribed treatments and drugs, normal growth and development, family planning, situational adjustment reactions, and other.
- Participates in team conferences, lectures and grand rounds for the service.
- Participates in daily rounds to observe and record pertinent progress of patients, updating and summarization charts, writing orders and progress notes and notifying the Physician of changes in the patients condition, when appropriate.
- Initiates consultations and refers patient for special testing according to hospital protocols.
- Performs specific procedures, including but not necessarily limited to: drawing blood specimens for testing; blood counts; urinalysis; pap smears; bacteriologic smears; gram stain of sputum and other culturable material(s); vital capacity; administering oxygen; incisions and drainage; wound care and debridement; nastogastric and nasotracheal intubation; gastric analysis; lumbar punctures; routine suturing of lacerations; skin biopsies; placing indwelling arterial catheters and making blood gas determinations; applying and removing casts and traction apparatus; starting I.V. solutions, administering I.V. medications and other therapeutic procedures for which he or she has received specific supervised training and evaluation.
- Orders and interprets appropriate laboratory tests, x-ray, EKGs diagnostic procedures and writes prescriptions according to protocols established by the service and in compliance with the New York State rules and Regulations governing the performance of Physician Assistants.
To qualify you must have a Licensure: Current New York State Physician Assistant License Education: Physician Assistant Bachelors Degree (BA-PA) Certifications: BLS and ACLS. PALS required per delineation of privileges..
Required Licenses: Physician Assistant Lic-NYS
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Grossman School of Medicine provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you’ll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Grossman School of Medicine is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Grossman School of Medicine’s EEO policies, please . Please to view the Federal “EEO is the law” poster or visit for more information.
NYU Langone Health provides a salary range to comply with the New York City Law on Salary Transparency in Job Advertisements. The salary range for the role is $120,418.09 – $160,943.41 Annually. Actual salaries depend on a variety of factors, including experience, specialty, education, and hospital need. The salary range or contractual rate listed does not include bonuses/incentive, differential pay or other forms of compensation or benefits.
To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please
Expected salary: $120418.09 – 160943.4 per year
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Job date: Sat, 18 Nov 2023 07:28:00 GMT
To apply for this job please visit jobviewtrack.com.