Hey, neighbors! It’s me, Nicole Fallon-Peek, your host of the Patch newsletter. Here are all the things you need to know about what’s happening in the community today.
But first, your local weather:
- Thursday: Beautiful with some sun. High: 79 Low: 65.
- Friday: Mostly sunny and beautiful. High: 81 Low: 62.
Here are the top three stories today in Sandy Springs:
Are you a real estate agent in Sandy Springs struggling to get leads in the current housing market? It’s tough out there, but there is a way to stand out from the crowd and attract new clients. Our exclusive sponsorship in the Sandy Springs newsletter can help you do just that. Click here to learn more and discover how you can take your business to the next level today.
Today and tomorrow in and around Sandy Springs:
Thursday, September 14
- Sun Down Social At City Springs (5:00 PM)
Friday, September 15
- Cocktails In The Garden At Atlanta Botanical Gardens, Atlanta (5:00 PM)
From my notebook:
- Goldfish Swim School in Sandy Springs is marking its 5th Anniversary with a free Family Swim Event on Saturday, Sep. 16, from 2:00-4:00 p.m. The event will also include entertainment; a balloon artist, complimentary snacks, crafts, raffles, and more. (Sandy Springs Patch)
- Starting on Sep. 15 and lasting until Oct. 20, there will be traffic disruption on Roswell Road in the southwest lane, spanning from Glisten Avenue to Dalrymple Road. The lane closure is due to water line relocation and will be in effect from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. during this period. (Sandy Springs, Georgia: City News via Facebook)
- Over 1,000 potholes have been filled and fixed in Sandy Springs so far this year. Click the link to see the process in action. (Sandy Springs, Georgia: City News via Facebook)
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
- Atlanta Police Department Recruitment Event (September 16)
- Floral Design Workshop with Le Jardin Français (September 16)
- 3hr Salsa Boot Camp Atlanta @ Ballroom Impact – Beginner / Beyond Basic (September 16)
- Goldfish Swim School Sandy Springs 5th Anniversary Party (September 16)
- Noche Caliente Latin Night Atlanta @ Tonys Johns Creek Sat Sept 16, 2023 (September 16)
- Spelman College Glee Club Concert (September 17)
- Tai Chi for Beginner’s (September 20)
- Microchip & Vaccination Clinic for Dogs & Cats – Low Cost (October 8)
- Add your event
Alrighty, you’re all good for today. I’ll see you soon!
— Nicole Fallon-Peek
Nicole Fallon-Peek is a journalist and copywriter with a degree in Media, Culture and Communication from New York University. She has served as a freelance reporter, managing editor, copy editor, and editorial director for a variety of B2B news outlets. She currently co-owns and operates content creation agency Lightning Media Partners.